Chapter Six

((^Alex Maxwell above^))

Alex.Maxwell.GUYS.

I laugh nervously as he draws his head back and looks at me with a smirk. "Uhmmm.... Mr. Maxwell, right?" I ask nervously.

He moves his arm back to his side and answers with a smirk. "That's right, sweetheart."

I scratch my head and looked at him in confusion. "Who are you Mr. Maxwell?" I ask. If I don't want to get in trouble, it's best to pretend like I don't know him.

He looks at me in confusion and tilts his head. He looks like a confused puppy, oh my gosh.

"Do you not know me?" he asks. I shake my head no. He moves his face closer to mine as I look down to avoid his gaze. "At all?" he asks again. I shake my head no again as I continued to look down, where I can see his toned abs behind his open shirt.

Yummy.

NO! Bad Cherry! Can't deny how sweet it looks though.

He moves back and looks at me with a frown. I look at him nervously, waiting for his reply. He turns around and starts walking towarda a door. I follow him silently, still holding my only weapon. I look around the room, fascinated. This looks even better than my beach house. Bro.

"You can put your weapon down now you know?" I flinch at his voice. Honestly, I feel like he's a man of few words so, yah.

I put the candle holder down and follow him into the room he just went into, and holy lettuce, who the heck has a huge gym in their beach house? This guy.

"What is this place??" I ask, obviously confused. He turns around and looks at me with an emotionless gaze. I stare back into his dark eyes.

"Why are you even following me? You're awake. Go home." he says and goes into the change room or something. I look around the gym. Damn, this makes me suddenly want to do some exercise, and I don't even exercise.

Alex finally comes out in gym clothes and looks at me for a second and frowns again. "What are you still doing here? I told you to go home." he says and walks pass me to the treadmill. I go to the bench beside the treadmill and sit there while Alex starts running.

...

....

.....

Uhmm...

"Where is this place?" I finally ask after 10 miutes of silence, except for the treadmill and him runnng.

"Gym." I frown at him. "I know this is a gym, smart-ass." I say, then mentally smack myself as I look away.

I look back at him carefully, to see him staring at me with the same emotionless gaze. I look away again as I stay quiet this time.

A few minutes later, I hear the treadmill come to a stop. I look at him again and see him still staring at me. "Why were you in the waters?" he asks.

I fiddle with my dress as I remember the events from the party. "I wonder why,too... Why was I in the waters? What did I do?" I say, questioning about everything.

Alex sighs, "Look,I'm serious. Why were you in the waters?" he asks with an annoyed tone. I sigh, too. "I got pushed..." I start. I look at Alex with confusion evident in his features.

"By who?" he asks in a whisper as he takes a seat beside me. "A girl who hates me, a best friend who betrayed me and a guy I trusted..." I say quietly as I remember Marcus.

Alex scoffs beside me. I look at him in confusion. "So what? Are you going to keep thinking about them? Let them bother you?" he asks. I look at him in pure confusion.