Chapter 4: Theo

I wake up and stretch. I look to see if Black was awake yet. I find his bed empty. I'm not worried. He usually wakes up around 5:30ish. I know this because one time I stayed up all night studying for my OWLs and at 5:45 he came into the library to check out Quidditch Through the Ages (probably to help him be a better keeper. I mean, even I could score against him and I'm the announcer!). I get out of bed and take a shower. I get out of the shower and get dressed in my signature gray coat, white button down, black skirt, and a pair of matching black flats. I keep the long brown hair from last night but curl it up into a bun and secure it with a few bobby pins. I take a hatpin with a silver newt and stick it in my bun. The hatpin was a gift from Maggie for my 13th birthday. And I head up onto the deck. I figured that I might find Black there.

I do. He is standing at the railing. I see an all black owl. I rush over there "Who died?" I ask.

"My father," he says in a low voice. I put a hand to my mouth

"You can go back, it's fine"

"No, it's ok. In our family you wait a year to see if they are really dead. Anyways, I knew he was going to die while I was away. He had cancer and the healers at St. Mungo's said there was nothing that they could do about it."

"I'm so sorry Black, I really mean it." I tug on his arm he comes with no resistance. I lead him back to our room. "Sorry, I would normally do it right away but we're surrounded by muggles." I take out my wand and change both of our outfits to black. My outfit gets turned into a sleek black housedress. I add a veil to my hair that stops just below my nose. I change his outfit to a simple black suit.

"Thanks," he whispers.

Black spends the rest of the trip sulking. I spend most of my time hanging out with Maggie. A few hours before we dock Black pulls me over.

"Ummm, Theo," he says, looking quite flushed "We have this tradition in our family. We have these two objects, a wizard's watch and a necklace. Both are made of moonstone. All I know is that when one of us is in danger they will heat up. The more serious the danger the hotter they get. I have a feeling that we will encounter some trouble."

"Unfortunately, I think your right. I seem to attract trouble wherever I go." I took the necklace from him and inspected it. It was a simple silver chain with a pendant. A wire was wrapped around the top of the teardrop shaped pendant. "Thanks." I clip it around my neck.

End of Chapter 4