Chapter 5: Jason

I feel so flustered, is Theo looking at me? Has she noticed me looking at her. She must think I am a creep.

"Loosen up Jason, we're fine. If Newt can make it through I can. Although Madame President might not be to glad about me being here after all the trouble my brother caused."

I chuckle nervously, "Ehh, Scamander, I have some good news and some bad news, which do you want first?" She looks at me and blinks a few times.

"With your tone of voice, it sounds like they are both bad news. Fess up Black."

"Well Seraphina is my aunt," Her eyes widen at this, oh shit, "And she is at the gate waiting for us." My voice cracks at the end. She squeaks, how cute, I..I... I mean, uhhh. Great, now I'm blushing. She fiddles with a small clasp on her bag, then straightens up and walks very quickly towards the exit. I run to catch up with her. "Wait... For... Me..." I pant.

"Well, let's not keep the President of MACUSA waiting, even if she is your aunt. Stand up straight and straighten out your shirt, it's rumpled."

"Merlin's beard! When did you become McGonagall?" She shuts me up.

"Listen, my brother caused havoc in New York five years ago. Even though he was pardoned, he is still not well received here. People have brains, they'll start thinking, 'Imagine how much damage a smarter version of Newt could cause.' I need to make a good impression on them, okay?"

"If you are done chewing me out, let's get through costoms." She turns a bright crimson, then turns around and heads toward the officer, leaving me standing alone.

"Trouble in paradise? Be warned, her family's nothing but trouble. Stay away from her." I wip around but the voice is gone. I stand there a second before running at full speed towards Theo.

"Are you okay? My pendant just heatted up. I think that's what happens when you are in danger?"

"Uh, yeah." I search the crowd for something to point me to the voice, as we wait in the line.

"Hello? Earth to Jason? Put you bag on the counter for the officer." I snap back to the present. I mumble an apology and place my bag on the counter. He checks thoroughly and grunts.

"Welcome to New York." I inwardly sigh of relief. We grab our bags and head past him. I scan the people in in the visitor center to our left, finally seeing a familiar face. I steer us towards the visitor center, and to my Aunt Seraphina, President of MACUSA.

End of Chapter 5