7:Imprisonment

I sit in front of the monitors watching an unconscious Misa, a blanket wrapped around my body. What was L dreaming about? People certainly don't just dream about things like that, unless... it's his subconscious mind trying to talk to someone? I don't know, I'm no good at that sorta thing.

L was beside me, fully awake. He was also watching the screen, awaiting for Misa to regain consciousness. When she does, she starts to freak out.

"Mr.stalker, can't you let me use the bathroom? You can watch if that's what you want"

I die of laughter, listening to Misa go on about how she thinks L is a perverse stalker. This annoys L and he tries to ask Misa some questions, but to no avail. Misa keeps going on about a stalker then proceeds to talk about Light, speak of the devil and he shall appear. Light walked in, noticing all the confused looks on the task force members face's. They were puzzled on how she didn't remember being detained the day before.

"L, I wish to be solitarily confined" Light speaks, being completely serious over the fact that he thinks he may be Kira 'sub-consciously'.

"Of course. I will make arrangements"

***

"I also wish to be confined in a cell" Soichiro Yagami speaks up the next day. "I can't risk letting my emotions get the better of me during the investigation"

"Alright, but Mr.Yagami, I will allow you to have full contact with the outside world"

During Light's confinement the Kira killings ended, raising mine and L's suspicions of Light being Kira. A week passes, and Light's behaviour changes.

"Come on L, let me out!"

"Light, you told me no matter what to not let you go free" L says through a microphone.

Another week passes but something happens. The killings start again, enough to compensate for the week of no killing.

"L I understand you don't want to tell him, but shouldn't you at least tell Mr.Yagami? It may help relieve him of some of the stress"

"It will most likely add to the stress seeing how I am still keeping Light detained"

"But you could at least tell him what you plan to do. Either way, there will be enough stress put on him to affect his health"

"I see. I will tell him about the killings and his son-"

"Make it sound better than it is" I cut him off. "Don't be vague, tell him something that will remove some of the stress"

He starts speaking to the imprisoned officer, briefly summarizing what was happening outside his prison cell. I help him with what to say, knowing if I wasn't there he would say everything, making Soichiro worry even more.

"So how much longer are we keeping Light detained?"

"Until I can think of a plan" he says, his thumb brushing against his lips.

"And how long do you think that will be?"

"About 50 days or so"

I sigh, preparing myself to spend a lot of time sitting in front of the monitors.