13:Emotions

I wake up to a bright light shining in my face. When I open my eyes I realize the light wasn't coming from the window. My curtains were pulled back. I look to where the light was coming from. L was pointing a flashlight at my face, a tired Light behind him.

"What are you doing L?" I was too tired to remember I was only in a sports bra and booty shorts. They were comfy, it's not like I was trying to show off or anything.

"Your presence is needed downstairs" he turns off the flashlight, turning on my light.

I close my eyes at the sudden brightness, groaning at the thought of getting out of my comfy bed. I open my eyes, seeing Light and L at each others necks. I sigh and stand up, getting ready to stop the fight, but they both stop looking at my body. My eyes widen, just now realizing what I was wearing and I start screaming at them.

"Get out! You should know not to just walk into a girls room like that!" I shove them both out of my bedroom, slamming the door behind me. My face was currently red, not just from being in front of them only wearing a sports bra and shorts, but from yelling.

I grab a baggy blue t-shirt and put it on to cover my sports bra, but it was long enough to cover my shorts. I grab an elastic and tie the bottom of my shirt up, so people won't think I'm walking around with just a shirt on.

I walk into the living room, joining the guys that burst into my room. I sit on a couch opposite of them, arms crossed, my eyes glaring at them. Light had a bit of pink dusted over his cheeks but L, what just happened didn't seem to faze him, unless he managed to hide it very well.

"What was so important that you needed to interrupt my sleep" I glare at L, knowing Light didn't try or want to barge in to my room.

"We have placed wire taps around Higuchi's apartment, and in his six cars"

"And?" I ask.

"Do you have any memory of killing someone?"

"Yes I do actually" this catches Light off guard, and it seems to change L's thoughts. "Why? If you're trying to figure out if I have any recollection of possessing Kira's powers then I'll say it now, I don't"

"You have a bright mind Kara. That was what I came to ask, but now I have something else that came to mind"

"What else would you have to say to me?"

"Who did you kill and why?"

I stare at him, not knowing how I should answer. I wanted to answer, I had one in my head but it wouldn't come out of my mouth. We sat in silence until I managed to whisper something I've been trying to forget.

"I killed someone dear to me" it barely comes out, but L manages to hear it and I continue, a little louder. "My sister... she tried to, um..." I try to keep talking, but tears cut me off. Slowly emerging from my eyes, water pours down my cheeks. I put a hand over my mouth, trying to hide the sobs.

I grab a pen and write on a sticky note that was in front of me. I pass it to L before I can fully break down. I manage to hold it in, trying to get the thought out of my head.

My adopted sister, an assassin, tried to kill my parents.

It was vague but luckily he knew how to read between the lines. My parents were pretty important in the business world. They aren't dead, but they retired. It's all because of me that they're still alive. I either had to let them be killed, or kill my adopted sister. She was 12 when they adopted her but it was old enough for her to be a hired killer.