Chapter 1: Practices

I was the type of guy who prefers to be alone in a corner, reading books or just being there. I have few friends, who liked playing outdoor games much. Honestly, I can't relate to them. I was engaged more in playing chess. I had so much skills there and I think that was the reason why the most popular girl in school fell in love with me. Her name was Celine Lynders. She was that popular that everytime I was with her, many guys envy me. But it doesn't matter. She loves me-and that's what is important.

One day, our coach said that their will be a chess competition, and I was the one who will be playing. I have to prepare so my time with Celine is taken up. She got jealous, and soon, we broke up.

It really hurt me a lot. But I can't turn back time, and I just accepted it with a cold heart.

Finally, the day for the competition came and I prepared myself. Soon, we arrived at the school where the competition will be held. Many students gathered and I became more nervous. Then our coach stood before us. "Don't be afraid. Winner or loser, at least we're a player!" That gave me courage.

Then we all went to one of the rooms of the school. Inside were chessboards and some players preparing and practicing. I also wanted to practice but I don't have an opponent. Then, I saw someone stood before me, a girl.