chapter 2 - run!

Here’s the second chapter at last! just for your info, this chapter is based years after the first chapter.

----------

2014, Australia

Carmen’s pov

The light of morning slowly drifted through my window as the sun rose. My eyes slowly opened as its warmth hit their outer lids. I slowly got up and walk to my window and looked down on the passers by. My phone beeped from over by my bed. I walked over to it and picked it up.

Yo

I was wondering wat u were doing today.

If ur free, would u like to do something?

John

I smiled and set off a reply.

Hi

Im free. If u want to do something, come round to mine around eleven.

Carmen

I smiled and put my phone back down. I grabbed some cloths and went to the shower. I looked at my face in the mirror. Two dark brown eyes stared back, framed by shoulder length brown hair. I smiled and so did the reflection. I undressed and got in the shower.

‘Two hours till he’s here’ I thought, with a smile on my face.

Time skip

I heard nocking at my front door. I walked down and smiled as I opened it.

“Took you long enough.” I said in greeting. The boy laughed and hugged me.

“Sorry, I got eaten alive.” He said, jokingly. I hugged him back. After a few more seconds, we parted and I looked at the face. He had blue eyes, dark blond hair and a cheeky smile. We walked into the lounge and we both sat down next to each other. I looked at him as he sat there. I rested my head on his shoulder as he put his arm around my shoulders.

“So how are you John?” I asked him. he smiled at me.

“I’m good. You?”

I shrugged, “Meh.” He laughed at this response, as I all ways give it.

“So, what do you want to do then?” he asked.

Time skip

I looked round again, a broad smile on my face as I won another round of halo.

“Fine, your better than me.” John said, a smile forming on his face. I opened my mouth to reply just as an explosion rocked the house.

“Shit. GET DOWN!” I yelled, tackling John out of the way as the wall behind us was assaulted by thousands of rounds. I rolled of him as we hit the ground, coming up in a crouch.

“Shit. What should we do?” he asked, crawling over to me. I looked at him, thinking about past times before coming to a decision.

“Quickly, follow me.” I ordered, turning and running up the stairs. He stood and ran after me. Made it to the end of the corridor and put my hand on the door nob. I bit my lip and opened the door. I ran into a room full of weapons. On two of walls were over a thousand different guns, most of them in pares, whilst on the other two, every sword, knife, melee weapon ever imagined rested on its own rack.

“What the fuck?” I heard John breath as he walked in. I silently cursed myself before running over to the guns.

“Don’t ask. Just grab any gun you know how to use and you can carry.” I said, picking up an FN HAMR, two Glock-18’s in thigh holsters and a weird tube with a handle. I picked up a tactical jacket and filled all the ammo pouches. I turned as John loaded an SA80. He had the same tactical jacket as me, but he had a bandoleer belt over it for extra ammo. He had a WW2 Lee Enfield rifle over one shoulder, equipped with bayonet. I walked over to the opposite wall full of guns and grabbed a Bowie knife. I turned just as another explosion hit the house.