chapter 3 - the meeting

Here’s my next chapter. I didn’t say this earlier, so ill say it now. Generally, every second chapter will be in the past, informing the reader of Carmen and John’s past. Hope you like it :)

-----

2010. The Russian – Kazakhstan border.

Carmen’s pov

I looked up as the General entered my dorm, stepping past my neat kit locker. I jumped off of my bed, coming to a stiff attention.

“At ease.” He said. I relaxed, but stayed standing.

“What is it you want sir?” I asked before he could take any thing, or ruin my handy work. He turned and smiled at me, revealing tobacco stained teeth.

“You are to go on a mission with another another X-terminate soldier.” He informed me with his thick Russian accent, “John. He has no last name as he was abandoned at a young age. He is a heavy weapons specialist, a close quarter gun specialist, WW1, 2 weapons specialist and has a stagging mode like you.” I looked up. Only people who joined in 2004 got stage modes.

“You will be taking out a highly trained spec op unit that has been tasked to take out you prised general.” He said pompously, patting his rounded belly. I nodded as he turned and left, kicking my locker on his way out. My face flew into a frown as soon as the door shut.

‘He’s so fucking pompous.’ I thought to myself as I grabbed my combat cloths and headed to the shower room.

Time skip

I stood at attention on the parade ground as the General walk towards me. He approached and nodded to me. I eased up and he smiled slightly. He looked behind himself and the doors to the main building opened. I craned my neck to see who it was and my jaw dropped. I never forget a face, and this was the one I had saw years ago, strapped down and being injected with god-knows-what.

“This is John, recipient of the serum on the 19th of March, 2004.” The major said as the boy came within earshot. The boy saluted the General and I caught his eye. He looked down as if embarrassed. I looked away, blushing slightly.

“You are tasked to go and take down this spec op unit around twenty kilometres from base. You must take them down quickly and efficiently.” The General continued, pulling me from my thoughts. I looked up as he started walking away. “And do well!” he yelled, entering the main block. The doors slowly slammed shut and I looked at the boy. He had a dark blond shock of hair and blue eyes.

“Um, hello.” He stuttered, nervously.

“Hi.” I said back, equally nervous. I could see he had a SA80 on his side, strapped up with its sash. Going across his back was an L1A1 self-loading rifle. On his sides, I could see at least four different holsters for pistols, two of them were Glock-18’s, one of them was a XD9 machine pistol and the other was a VP70.

“Um, should we get going?” he asked tentatively.

“Yeah, lets do that.” I said absently. I pulled round a FN HAMR, complete with 75 round drum and started running for the surrounding wood land. As I ran, I felt my hair grow and my eyes change colour to a light red as they always do when I go into my mode. I smiled slightly as my canines grew bigger. Besides me, John was experiencing slightly different changes to me. His eye’s darkened, his nails  sharpened and when he smiled, I saw that all his teeth had turned to fangs.

Time skip

A small smile creased my face as the first of the assault force slipped into my iron sights.

“You ready?” I asked, finger hovering over the trigger.

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” He replied, smiling. I smiled and pulled the trigger. A stream of lead burst from my gun, smashing into the first trooper. Screams filled the air as men were cut down, killed before they knew what was happening. In seconds, John was running at the nearest enemy soldier. I laughed as he blew the head off one man as he ran past him. I stood and followed his example, throwing my HAMR away, instead using my secondary weapon, the FN Scar, and opened fire. Men fell under my brutal rain of fire. One bright soldier tried sniping me. I turned and smiled right at him. I raised my gun and aimed toward him. we both pulled the trigger at the exact same time. He rocked back as the shot impacted his head. I spun round as the snipers shot hit my shoulder. I hit the ground, shoulder still stinging. I turned my head to look toward John just as he kicked one man away and shot him in the head. I slowly sat up as my arm went numb. I sat up and I looked around. All of them were dead, except for two who were fumbling with something tube like.

“Are you all right?” John asked, running over. I looked at him and smiled.

“Good thin I was wearing bullet proof suit under this.” I said, standing again. I turned as a puff of smoke originated from over by the two soldiers.

“Shit. LOOK OUT!” John yelled, pushing me out the way. The rocket shoomed past my head, missing me by inches. I looked round again as John stood and shot off a burst into the soldiers. He straitened and looked at me.

“What do you say we get outta here.” He said. i nodded my aggrement and we started to run back to base.

time skip

The general turned to us and smiled, "Nice work. You will be a permanent team from now on." I looked at John and smiled.

"This'll be fun." I said.

-----

hope u r enjoying our story. This is how Carmen and John meet, so it was necessary that I add it in. till next time, hope u enjoy.