chapter 4- the wolf

Hi guys. So sorry I havnt updated for a while, I’ve had school shit to worry about. Hope u enjoy the story, and most of the credit for this should go Anime_lover126

-------

2014, Australia

Carmen’s pov

“Don’t worry, I’ll keep watch.” John whispered to me, pulling me out of my reprieve.

“You sure?” I asked, looking up at his face. He looked back and nodded. I snuggled back into his side. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I slowly drifted to sleep…

John’s pov

Time skip

I looked around in the dark for the hundredth time and sighed. I heard the sound of small animals moving around. I could have counted each time I spun my head at one sound to only find a small animal staring back at me. I sighed and looked down at Carmen as she slept, unaware of all the noise.

‘At least she’ll be well rested.’ I thought.

Time skip

A low growling cut through the fog of sleep like a knife. My eyes shot open and I tried to kind the source of the sound. The low rumble came again and my eyes zeroed in on the source. I reached for my rifle that I had left next to me. I brought my gun closer and aimed it towards the sound. As I looked at it, I slowly lent down so I could whisper in Carmen’s ear.

“Carmen, wake up. There’s something out there.” I whispered. Instantly, her eyes shot open and looked around.

“Where?” she asked, pulling her HAMR closer. I pointed towards a shadow that was slowly creeping into the clearing. I raised my rifle to my shoulder, aiming towards the shadow. Carmen slowly stood and I looked at her worried. I tried to rise, but couldn’t put any weight on my injured limb.

“Don’t try and get up. Stay down and I’ll take care of this.” She said, looking me in the eyes.

“Fine, but be careful.” I said, still aiming my rifle at the shadow. She nodded and walked towards the thing, covering with her gun. Suddenly, with unprecedented speed, the shadow jumped into Carmen’s chest, making her drop the gun and throwing her back.

“Carmen!” I yelled, raising my gun. I started to pull the trigger when suddenly, I heard Carmen yell “Stop!” I stopped seconds away from ending the things life. Now that it was in the light more; I could see that it was a grey and white wolf.

“Don’t shoot John, the things injured. It just wants help.” Carmen said. As if agreeing, the wolf whimpered. I lowered the gun slightly, but not completely.

“You sure?” I asked, worried that she might have misjudged it.

“I’m definite that I’ll be fine.” She said, pushing the wolf off of her. The wolf lay on its side, as if it knew Carmen was going to help. Carmen looked toward the creature’s leg and cursed.

“Shit, what happened to you?” She said, pulling out a role of bandages from her pocket. She lent down and started cleaning the wound, before she wrapped the bandages around it.

“That’ll do for now.” She said, turning back to me. The wolf stood and walked around a little on its leg before barking happily, licking Carmen’s hand. She laughed and patted him on the head.

“Can we keep him, please!” she begged, trying to do puppy dog eye’s.

“Fine, I’m not going to win other wise.” I sighed, smiling at her.

“YAY!!!!” she yelled, jumping in the air and clapping her hands, “But I need to assure his loyalty.” She said, very seriously. She took a step back and raised her gun, before firing a single shot.

“What the fuck?!” I yelled, sitting up straighter. She didn’t respond to me, only to lean forward and whisper in his ear

“I am your master. You will a bay me and do exactly what I say, when I say it.” I heard her say quietly, “Now stand.” To my amazement, the wolf stood and licked her hand.

“What the hell?” I asked in amazement.

“I hot along his spine, causing him to freeze up for a bit.” Carmen said. The wolf yapped happily besides her, “And it has the side affect that I can control him.” I lowed my rifle to the ground, relaxing at last. Carmen lent down and whispered in his ear. The wolf seemed to nod before jumping on me and licking my face.

“Hahahahaha.” I laughed, trying to grab his head, “You were always going to do that.” Carmen smiled and just laughed. In the distance, a low rumble drifted to us on the breeze, underlined with the sound of falling trees.

“I think we should move.” I said, trying to stand, but failing due to my injured leg.

“Here, let me help.” Carmen said, helping me stand and putting my arm around her shoulders. I smiled slightly as we started walking, slowed by my injury.

“Where are we going?” I asked, looking around. Carmen turned to me and smiled,

“Sahara village.”

Hey guys! Just cancelling wat I said before the last chapter, ill only do flash bcks wen the extra info’s needed. Sorry if my chapters keep ending in cliff hangers, im kinda loosing my flare at writing. Hope u like the book.