Chapter 9

Vi's POV

I get myself off the floor, and start heading to our tent. We got one to ourselves, sorta. We had tarps dividing the groups, and lucky for her, there were a few girls.

I try to think of a way to apologize as I trudge through the mud, heading towards where we were situated when we got here. When I enter, everyone stares at me. (Oh yea, I forgot to mention, with her surpassing me in everything they see me as scum.)

I head straight to the beds, not bothering to talk to anyone. Nothing really special has happened yet, so I guess that's kinda good. When I am just on the edge of falling asleep, the tent flap flies open, I feel a pair of small hands on my arm, and get yanked up. I had the knowledge to know she would drag me, so I stood as she yanked.

She looked at me with a glare. "We're putting all that shit that we have been doing over the week to the test. We need to help the other soldiers," she growls. I look around the tent, and notice that everyone else is gone.

I nod, and we run down to get a gun like everyone else. She hands me one ruffly, and we both get everything else we need. I watch as she seems so innocent, then you see the gun and think, 'eh innocent isn't the word I would use.'

We jump in a truck, and head to yet again another camp. When we get there, we can here gunshots near by. Cadi, OF COURSE! doesn't wait for instructions, she just yanks me to my feet, and the next thing I know is that I'm a kid again, chasing after that girl from next door.

The girl with the twin braids, the girl always wearing a little dress, the girl always smiling. That couldn't be her, but it felt like it.

We run as fast as we can until we break through the underbrush and see a terrifying scene. Cadi had gone for the sniper role, and set up on the ground, seeing the grass was fairly tall. She put on a silencer, and looked through the guider. I watched in awe, crouching beside her. I see her lips move slightly, knowing she is counting. "1... 2... 3..." BANG!

I watch the bullet sore, and... HOLY SHIT SHE HIT!

I set up a little ways away, that way if they shoot at one of us, the other won't be affected at that moment.

We both start shooting, when they least expect it. I don't notice that there is only half as many gunshots as before until I notice Cadi is gone. What the hell happened....

Cadi's POV

Naturally, you wouldn't catch me dead doing this, but here I am, running around back the other people, trying to get a better view point to shoot at.

I hear a twig snap behind me, and stop in my tracks. I'm being followed.

I look behind me to see someone else. They aren't from our side, I can tell.

I haven't caught his eye yet, so I bolt straight. He turns at the sound of footsteps, and I know his eyes are on me. SHIT!

I hear footsteps following me, and then I can hear more then one pair. All this training really payed off.

I start running up a hill, losing my speed. shit.

Then I trip. The guy straddles me, and I thrash at him. I scratch him with my fairly short nails, and he pins down my hands.

"Well well well, why would a cute thing like you be out here?" he asks, his voice seared with venom.

I spit in his face, and he slaps me. I try to kick him, but that doesn't do fuck all for me.

"Answer the question, dear," said a familiar voice. I look up to see Liam. As in, Liam from school, Liam. "Wait, LIAM!?"

"Hi, nice to see ya, I was undercover the whole time, seeing I knew you would try to join. I am not actually named Liam, call me that again and I will torture you. Get up, you are now OURS."

I glare at him. I never really did like him, but this was just taking it to another level of hatred.

A blindfold is out over my eyes, and a gag in my mouth. I try to get away, but they just tighten their grip on my wrists, making it hurt. I feel myself get picked up, and a zip tie being fastened around my wrists.

I am carried into a truck, then set down roughly. What the hell... I feel a cloth pressed against my nose, and sniff, not thinking. It smelled sweet. What the hel.... Then I black out. No sound, no sight, no feel, nothing...