Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning in the hospital attached to many machines. Where am I..?  I looked around and noticed that Jece was in the other bed in the room. She was breathing, but she looked practically dead. She just laid there, the heart monitor beeping, signifying that she was not dead. I kept looking around seeing if anyone else was there. Where the fuck was Alena?! 

"LET ME IN THERE!! I NEED TO SEE HER!"

I heard Alena screaming outside of the room. I heard a bit more yelling, then a scream. Was that a guy screaming? She walked into my room like nothing had happened and came and hugged me. The security guard she was arguing with came in with a dislocated elbow and another security guard. 

"There she is. She's the one that escaped from her room and had dislocated my elbow." 

I looked at Alena and noticed that she was wearing a hospital gown and was bleeding from her arm at the places where the IVs should've been. She had a few burns on her face, arms, and legs, and she had cuts on her, too. I then looked at the security guard and noticed his elbow and realized that Alena was the one that had dislocated it.  

"Where is your room at? What happened to you? Did you actually dislocate his elbow?"

All these questions were pouring out of me like crazy. There were only questions and not any answers coming in. I finally asked the one question I needed the answer to.

"What happened?"

Alena looked at me for a bit;  you could tell by her face that she was thinking hard as to what she should answer. She took a few deep breaths and started.

"Well, to start, at the school the firemen had to save me and Chelzie out of the building. Chelzie had passed out as soon as we got out of the building so they had to hook her up to a breathing machine to make sure she was still breathing. They closed the door and were about to board it up when I told them you were still in there. I could barely speak that well but luckily, they had heard me. They ran back inside there and were in there for a few minutes. I was getting really worried and was about to cry until they came out carrying you and Jece unconscious. They put us in the ambulances and brought us back here to the hospital. You guys have been sleeping since."

"Was the fireman that carried me hot?"

I turned to the left and noticed that Jece had woken up and had been up for awhile just listening. Of course that would be the first thing she wanted to know.  

"How did the fire start?"

Alena stared at me for a bit, looking more worried than ever. Oh crap, what happened? 

"Well, they caught one of the guys that had done the job, but they didn't catch the other two. But I saw one of the runaways that they didn't catch. It was Zylan..."

What...? I sat there totally stunned. How did he get out? How did he know I went to school there? Why did he put the school on fire? Was he trying to kill me? A these questions swarmed my mind. Then, as if Alena had read my mind, She told me the answers to some of my questions. She told me how the guy they had in custody confessed as to why he had helped. He had told the cops how Zylan wanted to kill me because if he couldn't have me then no one could. He wanted to burn down the school to make sure that any of the guys in that school that had been or wanted to be with me die and that I die too cause if he couldn't have me then no one could.  I sat there processing everything she just told me.

"Are they searching for him at least?! A psychopath like that shouldn't be out in the streets! They need to catch him! I'm barely getting to start getting to know Aleana and start a friendship with her and this guy is trying to kill her?! Oh hell no! I'll find him my damn self!" 

Jece got out of bed furious and was about to pull the IVs out of her arm when a nurse came in to stop her. She actually cares about me? I didn't know that I was spacing out until Alena was lightly slapping my cheek with her hand.

"Hello, Earth to Aleana, are you here?"

"Yea, what's up?"

"I had said, what do you want to do now? We can't exactly go to my house cause he'll either be waiting for us there right now or he could show up out of the blue. We can't go to your house either because he knows where you live. We're practically fucked."

"Why don't you guys just stay at my house? I have two spare bedrooms you guys can stay in and I don't think my parents will mind at all."

We both looked at Jece shocked at what she just said. Was she really inviting us to live with her? I mean, not that I would mind or anything. It could be fun I guess and I can get away from my parents and hopefully stay hidden from Zylan. 

"Alright, well I'm in since I live alone anyways. How about you Aleana?"

I looked at Alena, then at Jece. I guess I could give it a try. 

"Alright, fine, I'm in." 

           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so sorry I've been gone for so long! I'm going to try my hardest to start writing again. I had a lot happen to me and I've been having a lot of stress happen lately. But hopefully I won't be gone like that again. I know it's taking forever for the boys to get into the story, but don't worry, I'll be getting there. Again, sorry for such a long wait. 

~Shorty