My Lovely Sam-Soon

Also known as "My Name is Kim Sam Soon"

This was my very first Korean Drama ever. I think it was a pretty good start seeing as it is the 26th highest rated Korean Drama of all time. 

Genre: Romance, Comedy

Episode: 16

Year: 2005

Runtime: about an hour each

Stars:

Kim Sun Ah (Female lead)

Hyun Bin (Male lead)

Summary:

Brisk, endearing, and completely addictive, My Lovely Sam Soon was the runaway mega-hit of 2005. The show's popularity launched Kim Sun Ah to super-stardom and introduced Korean-American actor Daniel Henney. Considered the Korean "Bridget Jones' Diary" this refreshing drama still finds new audiences today. At 30,Kim Sam Soon's career and love life have hit a dead end. She is overweight, unmarried, stuck with an embarrassingly old-fashioned name, and has just lost her job and caught her boyfriend of three years cheating on her. Enter Hyun Jin Heon, the arrogant 27-year-old owner of a restaurant called Bon Appetit, who hires her to put her pastry-chef skills to work as the restaurant's chief baker. With Jin Heon's family breathing down his neck to get married, and Sam Soon desperately in need of money to save her family home, the two strike up a deal despite their volatile relationship. Sam Soon masquerades as Jin Heon's girlfriend and they begin to grow close, but things get complicated when Jin Heon's lost love mysteriously returns with her sights set on getting him back. Will Jin Heon be able to forget about her and learn to love Sam Soon for who she really is? 

*******************************************************

So if it was unclear, I ended up really liking this drama for it to grow into my K-drama addiction.

This is also one of the few dramas that I've seen ( Personal Taste being another) that have the female lead being a woman in her 30s.

Also I was a bit surpised to hear them call Sam Soon over weight, in the drama she may have weight like 120, 130 tops. I knew they tend to be smaller, but still. Sun Ah gain 15 pounds for the role and currently weighs 110...so. 

Anyway, I have watched other dramas with these actors in them.