19. The Bright Horizon

Chapter 19

The Bright Horizon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The massive falling object sped dangerously right towards Gadge. His sprained ankle made it impossible for him to move and Stade helplessly tried his way towards him. Alas, He was too far away to be reached and all the other men near the catapult retreated.

Suddenly, as fast as you could blink, a string tangled itself around the massive rock and exploded it into a thousand pieces. Stade fell back from the explosion and pieces of rock showered the area.

In a distance, he saw Janrok riding towards them. Tired but still in one piece, he galloped on to Gadge’s side and helped him up. Stade hastily stood and went towards them.

“Did you see that?” Janrok said grabbing Gadge’s arm, “The timing was incredible!”

“Where did it come from?” Stade asked.

Janrok laughed, “Where do you think?”

A loud battle cry was heard and caught everyone’s attention. Stade turned to see, and across the horizon was an enormous army of horsemen. Their spears darted down towards the Farighte army and the massive group brought out another loud war cry.

The sun rose up behind them and the rain suddenly stopped. As it lifted higher into the sky, it became brighter and brighter. But then when it flew towards the Farightes, that’s when Stade realized that the source of light wasn’t the sun at all. It grew so bright until it blinded the Farighte army and everyone was astonished.

Stade knew it was Him and its presence greatly ignited the spirits of the Pentorians. The mighty eagle soured through the sky and the Rebels and commoners cheered.

“They made it!” Stade exclaimed.

The vast army charged down the battlefield and their numbers spread endless as they galloped nearer. At the lead was the prince Kuzix. His eyes filled with triumph and victory.

It was all so sudden that the Farightes were paralyzed in shock. They stood where they were still in disbelief, covering their faces from the blazing light.

Allan neighed and rose to his hind legs in fascination. The Pentorians regained their zeal and Stade once again charged towards the Farightes. The shouts of the advancing Pentorians caused the Farighte soldiers to finally snap out from their shock. They were all in panic and found themselves widely scattered.

The soldiers who were advancing at Freddie on top of the staircase earlier had accidentally slipped and fell in fright of the approaching army; Bugg managed to lift himself up and BA offered him up a horse he found; and Olive who was being pushed back by a group of soldiers surprisingly bumped into Marko who was also in the same problem.

“Uh…Hi,” Olive said to Marko.

“Hi,” he replied.

“I wasn’t able to thank you for saving my sister…thanks.”

Marko nodded in reply and flexed his katana as the soldiers again attacked. 

Kuzix and his army trashed through the Farighte soldiers, slashing and killing all the way. It was an amazing sight to behold and as Stade fought valiantly with the others, Bugg who was helped up by BA were riding together swinging their weapons wildly at the Farightes; Freddie and the other archers seem to be enjoying themselves bullseyeing every soldier they could shoot; and Marko and Olive fought side-by-side as the soldiers pressed on forward.

It was no surprise for Stade on how Marko skillfully and precisely wielded his sword. He had seen him do so before. Olive in the other hand was only armed with a dagger which made Stade worry, but as he watched her in combat she passed his expectations by far. Holding her small blade left-handedly she amazingly sliced through every Farighte that came at her.