Author's Note

Author's Note

Okay, so I know people really hate author’s notes and no one really reads them, but this one’s really important. So please put up with me for a little while.

First off, I want to say that the entire world of Panem – the Capitol, the Districts, etc – as well as the whole idea of the Hunger Games belongs completely and utterly to Suzanne Collins. I have simply made up the characters and the organization of District 7 because nothing was really said about it. I also made up my outline of the Hunger Games (just call me Seneca haha) and I’ve re-made the President and people because I don’t want to copy. Other than that, the credit goes completely to Suzanne Collins.

Secondly, I want to make it clear that Katniss Everdeen never won the 74th Hunger Games in my story. This is the 75th Hunger Games in my book, but no mention of Katniss or anyone will be mentioned. In fact, President Snow doesn’t exist. Basically, I’ve re-made the world that way. So right now, no rebellious happenstances have occurred.

Thirdly, I want thank my best friend squirreleydoodle for all the name suggestions. Most of them, anyway. I couldn’t have done this without her, because trust me, the names are like the hardest part for me. She has her own character for her help…one you’ll be introduced to later. I’m sure she’ll tell you about it in the comments :) Also big shout-out to XstayclassyX for giving me the name Harlequin for our main character...What could I do without that? Thanks!

Fourthly, I just want to warn you that some stuff will be copied from The Hunger Games. Like, little scenes or stuff that happens to the main character and stuff. Don’t judge; it’s harder than you think to come up with a completely new plot. For instance, how is she supposed to be a badass fighter without having any knowledge of hunting or something? What else could she possibly be doing in a lumber industry? Cutting down trees, sure. But you’ll see why that doesn’t work. So basically, yeah, she hunts. But I’m trying not to make her all Katniss-y, so don’t get mad if some stuff is copied. I’m still saying that all credit goes to Collins.

 Fifthly (if that's a word), I want to make it crystal clear that I am not just a Hunger Games fan because the movie just came out. I've been a fervent fan for the last three years, and they're like my favorite trilogy ever. I'm also not a Gale hater, but I do like Peeta better. I just feel bad for Gale and would want him as a guy friend. Although he does have some bloodthirsty moments, you can't blame him, because his life was pretty crappy. Enough on that.

Okay, so please enjoy this book, because I’ve enjoyed coming up with the ideas. I hope you guys will like this! Show your support by voting and commenting and promoting it if you can. Thank you all loads! :D

<3 vb123321