Death

Edited by:
Azure08249

Thank you very much

..........

Death is nothing but a start to a new beginning.

Bodies covered in blood, mutilated beyond recognition, was seen lying lifelessly on the cold ground.

The ground was cracked, with random pieces of earth jutting out of its foundation. Once magnificent buildings were destroyed, their remaining pieces of rubble and concrete mixed with glass strewn everywhere. No one could tell that this place where there was not a living soul... once stood a prosperous city.

There, in the middle of destruction and death, stood a single girl clothed in dark clothing and dressed in blood, looking no younger than 17. Her face was as fair as a snow. Her eyes were as green as emerald gems. Her lips were as red as blood. Her hair was as dark as midnight. She was truly the perfect reflection of Snow White. Better yet, a goddess.

No spiritual power could be sensed around where her. She stood lazily, holding on to a sword that was dripping with ruby red blood. Her dainty hands were painted in blood. What's more, no visible scratch could be seen on her body.

This petite girl was surrounded from all sides by menacing men that were giving off killing intent. A normal person would have been shivering in fear and might have fled, but not her.

Like a pack of wolves cornering their prey, the men closed in on the girl. "There is no possibility of you winning. Why don't you surrender yourself? Save us the trouble from wasting energy and yourself from a painful death. I'll give you a quick and painless death, I promise..." The man that broke the silence was around 6 feet tall, even a blind person could tell he was really powerful. The eminence amount of spiritual power surrounding him tells it all.

However, before he could take another step, he dropped dead on the spot. His body cut into small pieces, like a butchered pig. The blood that spurted out from his body splashed onto his companions behind him.

They were completely stunned.

"What? He spoke too much... I hate people who blabber about irrelevant things." The girl said while flashing and sweet smile, showing off her innocence. Anyone who saw her expression would have fallen for its purity and child-like innocence. But what they did not know was behind the innocence and smile, was a smirk that showcased the girl's brilliant white teeth. She was being mischievous, glad that she broke an annoying and useless toy.

After seeing their fallen companion, the men's killing intent was replaced by fear. The man she slaughtered within the blink of an eye was one of the strongest among them! THEY DIDN'T EVEN SEE HER MOVE WHEN THEY HAD NEVER BLINKED IN THE FIRST PLACE!

"Hmm? Aren't you guys itching to fight me as well?" The girl taunted them, drawing them in like fish attracted to bait.

All of them were agitated and anxious. They were conflicted between avenging their fallen comrade and running for their lives for they knew they had very little chance in surviving. After a little while, they chose the former. Shivering from intense fear, they attacked the girl... together.

They thought, together they would have a chance in winning. Right?

No one could have answered them, warned them that they were wrong.

Further away, there stood a boy. He was no younger than 12. His complexion was similar to that girl's, but his was more ethereal and less cold. His eyes were as blue as the once blue sky. His lips were luscious and red. Where the girl's hair was black, the boy's hair was the polar opposite. Locks of white hair matched the purely white cloak he wore. Not a spot of dirt could be seen on it.