Chapter 7: "I thought you hated me?"

Walking into the house, Justin slammed the door behind him before throwing his keys somewhere and running his hands through his hair. He was upset, angry and breathing a little too heavy looking as though he were about to blow up any minute.

Fingers pulsating, he needed to relieve his anger somehow. Grabbing a nearby glass, he chucked it across the room, the sound of it breaking resembling his crumbling heart.

"Whoa, what the hell is going on in here?" Bruce exclaimed, eyes big with concern as he rushed into the room, looking around to see if there was anyone else in there, John close behind.

Justin laughed, so hard, tears formed in his eyes. His face was red, cheeks flushed. His head spinning with thoughts running a mile a minute.

They all looked at him, worried. Knowing.

Calming down enough, he stretched his fingers out, inhaling deeply through his nose. "She's not here if that's what you're worried about," he brought his hands down to his waist.

"What happened?"

"What do you think?" Justin exhaled sharply towards the ceiling before walking over to him within an inch apart. "Never pull this shit again, do you understand me?"

"Justin—"

"After the wedding, don't expect me to allow her in this house again."

"What happened?" they repeated in unison, knowing something had to have happened to have him acting this way.

"We're better off apart," he concluded with a basic shrug, "there's nothing else to say." Shoving past them, Justin made his way up the stairs to his bedroom.

Making a move to go after him, John put his arm out stopping Bruce in place, "just let him be." Sighing, he turned to watch his best friend disappear, repeating, "just let him be."

"Hey man, you alright?"

Marco waited for an answer as he knocked on the door, but when he didn't receive one, he walked in anyways.

"I'm good."

"Oh, now you wanna answer me," he scoffed playfully, but when he saw Justin wasn't reciprocating, he stopped. Clearing his throat, he stuffed his hands in his pockets, "want to talk about it?"

"No."

"Stop fucking being stubborn."

"Excuse me?"

"Jump down from your high horse, alright? We're just trying to help you, man."

"I don't need your fucking help," he growled. "Was it your idea to have us in a car together too?"

"No, but I wasn't opposed to it either."

Scoffing, Justin shook his head, "unbelievable."

"It's not the end of the world, for fucks sake. It was Kelsey—"

"Exactly! It was Kelsey," Justin countered angrily, "Kelsey – who I ruined, who I broke, who every time I look at her, it's like we're back where we started. I fucked up big time, and nothing I say or do will ever change that or take it back. Do you know how hard it is to know she's moving on and she's happy without me? Do you know how hard it is not to be able to touch her again? Being in that car brought back so many memories. It was all too much, too fast, and instead of keeping my mouth shut, I was selfish with her. I took advantage of the situation and I almost kissed her, and now she hates me – more than she did before."