Mini VIII - Vargas Defeated [Hamilton Crossover]

CAST

Alexander Hamilton - Terrance Nguyen

Aaron Burr - Henry Héderváry

Eliza Hamilton -  Sabrina Nguyen

Phillip Hamilton - Feliciano Nguyen

-

Feliciano grabs the newspaper from the desk besides him. Eyes widen as one of the articles mention someone related to him.

"Look!" he hollers to his mother, her rushing to her son. "Grandpa's in the paper!" He looks at the headlines."'War hero Romulus Vargas loses senate seat to young upstart Henry Héderváry.'"

Feliciano looks back up to his mother. "Grandpa just lost his seat in the senate."

Sabrina signs. "Sometimes that's how it goes."

"Daddy's gonna find out any minute," he adds.

"I'm sure he already knows," she interjects.

"Further down—" Feliciano sings.

"Further down—" his mother joins him.

"Let's meet the newest senator from New York," he suggests without hesitation.

"New York," Sabrina echoes.

"Our senator," they sing together.

Meanwhile, Nguyen is far from his home and with Héderváry. He has came up to him because of his friend had done. "Héderváry? Since when are you a Democratic-Republican?"

"Since being one put me on the up and up again," Héderváry replied cooly.

Nguyen, frustrated, comments, "No one knows who you are or what you do."

"They don't need to know me." He faces Nguyen. "They don't like you."

"Excuse me?" he gasps.

Héderváry continues, "Oh, Wall Street thinks you're great. You'll always be adored by the things you create. But upstate—"

"Wait," Nguyen interrupts.

"—people think you're crooked. Vargas' seat was up for grabs so I took it."

Nguyen shakes his head. "I've always considered you a friend."

"I don't see why that has to end," he says in hope to keep the friendship in shape.

"You changed parties to run against my father-in-law!" Nguyen yells.

"I changed parties to seize the opportunity I saw. I swear your pride will be the death of us all." Héderváry turns to leave, but he swivels his head to see Nguyen. "Beware, it goeth before the fall."

-

Short, but worth it. Came to my mind yesterday and I'm proud how fast this took.