Eternity (ENGLISH)

When I was 13 years old, my mom was so harsh with suitors. Every time that there's a boy around me, she would do everything just to make the boy leave. That was not a problem with me back then.

  But things have changed when my mom, my dad, my sister and I went to BROTHERS & SISTERS OF ST. ANN to donate some stuff for the convent.

  My name is Levy Andrea Santos. I'm 20 years old.Olivia, one of my friends once asked, "Why don't you have a boyfriend? You're pretty enough to have." It was not my first time answering such question. It has been a litany for most of my friends.

  We're taking a sip of coffees in one of the cafes at Makati when she asked such question.

  "I'll just wait for the right one." I responded. I don't want such topic becoming any larger. If it does, she would take it against me, and stab me at my back when I'm not around. Such a social climbers! Don't take me wrong. She's my friend but she has a tendency to as such.

  Anyway, back to the reality. When we entered the convent, I noticed that there were a lot of paintings. Most of them are of Jesus & Mary and some unknown saints to me. It's not that I knew many saints but you could say my parents taught me some of the lives of the saints.

  I got fixed on my feet when my eyes stumbled on a particular painting. It was a painting of three children praying peacefully. It was truly a beautiful work of art. It moved my soul.

  "That painting is reminding us to pray with our family everyday." I was stunned when I heard a voice beside me. There I was gazing on a painting and thought that I was alone.

  "You scared the hell out of me!" The person covered my mouth and looked around. In a flash, I have bitten his palm that I might be released.He screamed in pain.

  "Ouch! Why did you do that?" He painfully asked while looking at his hand.

  "You covered my mouth!" I angrily explained.

  "You're cursing that's why I covered your mouth!"

  "What's so bad about that?"

  "Hello! You're in a convent Miss! You should know how to respect a solemn place."I rolled my eyes in disguised about the heated talk with the guy.

  "Yeah Yeah! What's your name by the way?" I curiously asked. I believed that he's a resident of the place. Why? I just felt like it. There was actually something different from his clothes that made me believed that he's a resident.

  I looked at him from top to bottom and I noticed that his garment is like a Middle East kind of thing. His whole body was wrapped except for his head.

  "Justine... Justine Alexander Santiago. Alex for short." He took my hand and shook it as a greeting.I was surprise by what he did but I tried to keep my cool down.

  "I'm Levy... Levy Andrea Santos."I spotted that he was staring at me. Not wanting to lose, I stared back at him.Out of the blue, he blurted out,

  "You're beautiful."I was shocked. I didn't expect what he just said. Yet, I tried to make a poker face so that he wouldn't know my real reaction.

  "I-i-was just saying the truth." He added. Not wanting to make things worst, I just smiled at him.

  "Thanks for the compliment!" I smirked.He looked away.

  "Y-your w-welcome."I raised my left eyebrow.

  "Why are you stuttering?" I asked.