7

My eyes narrowed in contempt.
Just who did she think she was? Now, jealousy wasn't my thing but I was gradually turning green even though I'm a different type of vegetable.
I felt my temper swelling as I eyed her up and down. What made her so much better? Would he go to her? Was it because she is slimmer? Less rounded and curvy? Some people liked curvy. I personally thought she had a dreadful fake tan but maybe she's what he preferred.

I glared at her across the vast vegetable chiller.
The Carrot, that hoe.

Next to me I saw one of my own kind but she wasn't a threat, she was much too conservative. Not one to peel off layers or get all hot. Always covered. I was never a fan of potato jackets.
I heard his distinctive foot steps and a hot shiver ran through me. The door opened and I felt my heart skip a beat and a familiar sense of longing griped me tightly. His lustful eyes scanned us and his penetrating gaze lingered on me.
This was no time to play coy.

His eyes raked the draw once more stopping on me with a hungry look in his eyes like he would eat me right up. It would be me this time, I felt it. The Carrot shot me a murderous look that I more than happily responded to with a victorious grin, but I felt she was not about to give up. If that's how she wanted it to be fine. I would do anything to be who he has for dinner. This would be a fight to the death in the chilled arena.

The Hunger Games, The odds were in my favour.

{M}