Blue

Blue is when I'm happy. I'm not the firecracker of my family. When people tire of looking at the red sparks and get lower than the high and think, "let's take a step down, I can't smile so much anymore, and I'll stand on the second blue step, a little alone but I wish not all alone", I'm there.

Blue is eating ice cream in the winters. You're not the caramel brown hopscotching in the park with a huge smile, you're a blue spot curled on your beanbag, looking at the waves of the branches the wind creates in the park. Blue is being second, for me it feels like home. Blue are my curtains which are drawn over my windows till I feel like I'm in Ariel's special room, when I can't breathe. Blue are the lines on the inside of my ribcage which guide my arms when I dance. Blue is when I'm all by myself and I make myself happy. Blue is the cloud formed as I softly laugh when my friends at school plan their farewell dresses three months before. Blue is the colour of my footprints as I quietly walk to the school library, bunking classes. Blue are my observations when I watch people on the street as they walk by. Blue is my state of mind.

Blue mixed with gold slashes are the comments I get on my fanfiction. Blue and purple are my thoughts when I think about everything rather than pay attention Chemistry Tuition. Blue and grey are my oversized sweaters so I can always be hugged without any actual human contact. Blue is the colour of my eyes behind the brown (and yes, that is actually true).

Blue is what I feel when I think about my future. Blue is my smile when I'm rarely proud of myself. Blue is my heartbeat when people around me smile and wish as I walk by. Blue is the smell of the cold air in winter morning when I'm uncertain how my day will go. Blue is the colour of my aura when I'm doing my project excitedly as people watch over my shoulder. Blue are my shaky breath when I give a presentation in bio class, trying not to smile too hard because bio teachers are always the best. Blue are my muscles when they go limp when my conscience scolds me for being rude. Blue are the chats I have with random strangers on Whisper who are having a bad day and I want to help. Blue is my mom when we both clean up the park behind our house. Blue is the sensation of water gliding over my skin as I swim without a splash. Blue are my laughs when I think I made a new friend despite knowing that I walk on my path alone. Blue are my blueprints on which I will someday design a wold or a city for every colour out there.

Blue is what visits me when I get happy at the prospect of being sad because struggle means learning something new. Blue are my hands when I hold my family close to me. Blue are my tears when my mom says she's getting worse. Blue is the colour of the holes at my knees through which my happiness leaks out. Blue is Watson for every Sherlock.

I aspire to be like my idol, the third band in the rainbow, to be such a strong blue that it will feel like the blue lines cut in the sky when a jet crosses the sound barrier.
Blue is the smile of my love.