Beginning of Friendship

Do you ever feel like maybe if you weren't friends with the people you were, your life might be less complicated? Well... thats how I once did.
     Ever since I was little my life revolved around sports. I played basketball and softball, in and out of seasons. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing for many years. We traveled miles away and played almost every weekend. This was my life.
     When at school my only friends were my team. Which isn't a bad thing but I felt like I was limiting the amount of friends I could have had. This was when I was now already in 7th grade. I had wasted many years shutting out the other world around me. I was just consumed by drama 24/7  within my team. Yep, that's right I spent most of my younger years in a team full of drama, and assumed that we were close friends because we played together. I knew I need to be free from this isolation of friendship. This is when I started to branch off and actually tried to make other friends. I needed people to talk to about life and not sports every minute. I need an outlet.
      This decision wasn't easy. I didn't want to be left behind by everyone on the team if I moved on and made new friends. I was scared. What if I didn't make new friends? What if I lost the ones I already partially had? But.. this was the risk I had to take.
     I prayed everyday about this difficult decision. I prayed for friends that I would have forever and would be there whenever.
     One day, in gym class, a girl came up to me and I knew of her I just didn't talk to her. My friends didn't like her. They thought she was a bossy nerd that only reads. This is Jacie. When she approached me, we just jived. Our conversation was easy and fun. She had a group of friends in gym and she introduced me to them also. 3 boys and 3 girls. They all looked so close with each other. They continuously talked and laughed together. I knew there was something I like about this group of people. That's when the beginning of amazing friendships began.