Chapter 36: Seeking Advice

Lily willed the vines to take her up into the canopy. Settling herself into the twined branches she willed the branches to move covering her in a type of cocoon. As she settled back she finally noticed the soft moss that grew under her. It is so strange, she always knew she was different but never quite understood why.

As the branches curled around her making a cocoon of green, Lily let herself relax. She needed answers an hopefully her Durin guardians could help her. Closing her eyes she let her mind drift allowing sleep to finally take her.

Next thing she knew she felt the warmth of the sun on her her eyes she saw she was among flowers. Grinning she sat up an looked around suddenly becoming confused. Usually when she was here the Durin Guardians would meet her, but they were nowhere to be she heard it. The male laughter followed by splashes. Getting up she followed the noise till she came to a lake. There she saw the two younger Durin's wrestling in the water wearing nothing but trousers. She saw Thorin sitting at the bank dressed in wet trousers an a dry loss tunic opened at the throat. With a miscivious idea she snuck around to the side seeing a boulder half in the water. Going under she sawn toward the wrestling dwarves. Hiding behind a rack she surfaced to see them. How strange she wasn't out of breath it almost like she didn't need to hold her breath. She noticed Thorin saw her. She put her finger to her lips asking him to keep quite. He smiled an nodded. Lily dove back under thankfully the water wasn't fully see through. Swimming up she pinched the back of Fili's knees causing him to jump with a shout.

"What's wrong brother?"

"Something bit me!"

"Nonsense there's nothing he..." He jumped an yelled as Lily pinched him."Something is here."

Thorin wouldn't hold in his laugh. "Uncle?"

"Do not worry it was just a little Dragonfly." Before they c ould say anything Lily grabbed their ankles flipping them.

They surfaced an looked around. "What?" As Throin laughed Lily surged out of the water tackling the boys who started laughing when they saw who was there.

"Lily!" They hugged her before everyone swam for the shore.

Thorin gre serious. "What is it you wish to speak about?"

"Me! What being a Dragonbane means because I don't fully understand. In Moria I finally excepted who I am, what I can do. But it felt almost like I'm half of who I should be."

Throin sighed . "That is something I cannot say."

"But who can?"

"Come." He stood an took her hand Fili and Kili followed pulling on tunics. As they left the lake Lily noticed their clothes drying quickly. They neared a house, one similar to her mothers cabin. They walked around to a large garden.

Lily froze when she heard a familiar giggle.

"What?"

"They'll be able to explain."

They entered the garden an stopped. Lily gasped seeing a dwarf that resembled Thorin only a little taller, without a shirt leaning over a woman who Lily couldn't see, kissing her making her giggle.

Thorin placed a hand over Lily's eyes. "Mahal's balls Durin cloth yourself, there is company."

Lily peeked around Thorin's hand to see the one called Durin an gasped. "Durin the Deathless?"

He smiled. "Aye lass." He stepped closer pulling his tunic on. "An look at you my beautiful Dragonbane princess."

"She's not just yours, remember." Lily gasped as Durin moved reveling the woman behind him.