00. Prologue

The moment she opened her eyes to a splitting headache and sore limbs that morning, Mia knew she made a mistake. She spent five minutes just staring at the ceiling while trying to figure out if it was spinning or it's just her hangover head doing a trick. But it couldn't be worse than the fact that she woke up naked next to her best friend, Aiden.

Mia carefully freed herself from his embrace, reaching for her red dress on the floor. She slipped into it and looked back at the bed to realize that Aiden was awake and staring right back at her. He had confusion written all over his face as he gaped at her and then glanced at the clock. There was an awkward silence between them before Mia broke it with a sigh of denial.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean, you don't know?" his hoarse voice replied. Aiden reached for his briefs at the other side of the bed and slid into it in no time as he stood up.

"This obviously is a mistake. I don't even want to talk about it," Mia said as she gathered her stuff.

"You told me you love me."

"Because I was drunk!" She threw her hands up in the air. "And don't forget you have a girlfriend. Hazel might be on her way here now to say good morning to you and I don't want to be the reason--"

"Then what was last night all about?"

"What about last night?" She asked. "It's a hook-up. Nothing special. Nothing more and nothing less. Just nothing. A mistake."

Aiden clenched his jaw, "It's not funny," he told her. "You said you love me and you kissed me first. I wouldn't have done this if I knew you were lying about your feelings. Fuck you."

"I was drunk."

"I've known you for so many years, Mia. I know when you're drunk and when you're not," he shook his head, "You weren't drunk when you kissed me again when I asked if it was a mistake."

She admit that the kiss was intentional. Mia had wanted to kiss him since a long time ago but he was never single after he met Hazel.

"Do you have feelings for me?" Mia asked, recalling that he also seemed longing for the kiss when it happened. His relationship with Hazel had always been unstable, so it could be that he only needed to vent his frustrations.

"I clearly told you that I have feelings for you in junior high, before I met Hazel. You said you didn't want to ruin our friendship at that time. I thought last night was you realizing you finally wanted me," Aiden paced across the room and looked at her, "Am I your 'rebound' kind of guy?"

"You're... my best friend," she shrugged.

"Best friends don't sleep together."

"As a matter of fact, they do. You can ask your roommate when he's here. He probably does," Mia cleared her throat, trying her best to win the arguments. She took her purse and walked out the door with disappointment and guilt after what happened. Standing at the other side, she sighed as she tapped her forehead against the door.

She was stupid. She remembered how she cried, telling him that she hates Hazel and that she hates him giving other girls attention more than he did her. They were sitting so close and he was wiping her tears. She said the forbidden words to him and Aiden replied with a kiss, and another kiss before they went all the way into the mess.

But then again, Aiden could've stopped. He has a girlfriend, for crying out loud. "So practically it's his fault," she shrugged selfishly. Mia turned to her side and was startled to the point that her hair was standing on ends when she realized that someone had been standing there all along.