Chapter Two

As soon as they got to Torchwood, Ianto went straight to the coffee machine, starting it. He waited for it to finish as he dusted the countertop. One by one; Owner, Gwen and Tosh filed in. Ianto brought them each their coffee, just how they liked it, and bid them each a good morning. He took the last mug upstairs to Jack. He Tapped the door frame lightly with the knuckle of his free hand. Jack looked up from his paperwork.
"Come on in."
"I brought your coffee sir."
"Great, thanks."
Jack took a long drink.
"Ahh. You are amazing."
"Well I do try." Ianto said humbly,
Jack chuckled and went back to work. Ianto turned to leave, but stopped in the doorway.
"Hey captain?"
Jack looked up.
"Yes? What is it?"
Ianto paused and licked his lips.
"I.."
Jack raised an eyebrow and folded his hands.
I love you. Ianto thought. Ianto shook his head.
"Never mind. It's nothing."
He turned to leave again.
"Ianto."
Ianto turned back towards his boss.
"You can talk to me about anything you know."
"I know.Thank you."

Jack watched Ianto walk away.
"I love you too." He whispered.
He sighed and sat back. He wasn't stupid. He saw the way Ianto looked at him. Jack thought he, o the other hand, was pretty good at hiding his emotions.

Just then, Tosh came into his office.
"I finished my admin."
"Awesome. Thanks."
Jack took the paperwork and set it on the corner of his desk.
"When are you going to tell him?" She asked gently.
Jack stood up and walked to the window overlooking the bottom floor. Gwen and Owen were talking in autopsy and Ianto had likely gone back out to the front lobby. Jack sighed.
"I don't know. Maybe I'm waiting for him to make the first move....I'm just scared of scaring or hurting him."
Tosh came and stood beside him.
"Jack, he loves you and you love him. He has for almost two years now and it's helping no one keeping it bottled up inside."
Jack stared at her. She continued.
"Did you know he was offered a job in London making twice as much as he does here? He turned because he'd rather stay here. With you."
"I had no idea."
"He decided not to tell you because he know if you knew you'd tell him to take it. He Didn't want to worry you."
"Damn right I'd tell him to take it!"
Tosh sighed.
"Jack you're missing the point."
Jack rested his forehead against the window.
"I know.."
Tosh patted his back.
:Do what you think is right, but if you don't say anything to him soon, you may lose him."