Chapter 7

On my way to the pack house my emotions are running wild, what the fuck just happened?? I think and constantly look over my shoulder and around me, afraid of anything that may be there. When I get in the pack house everything seems to be calmer than it was before I left. Everyone is back in their rooms, but there are definitely way more guards on duty. I go up to my room and close the door behind me. I slide down the door and just sit there still trying to understand what happened. I had to block out my wolf because all she wanted to do was go to our mate and comfort him. I scoff at the thought, he should be the one comforting me after what he just did to me. 

I go into my bathroom and take a look at myself in the mirror. I notice some bruises forming on the sides of my neck where Jeremy's hand was.I go back to my room and lay in bed trying to get some sleep, but my thoughts just keep me awake. Soon I see the sun rising and know it's time for me to start getting ready for school. Before I have to physically drag myself out of bed I get a message from the pack mind link and hear my brother's voice in my head. 

"Good morning pack members. This morning we got another package from whoever has been putting them on our territory. We have already checked all of the pack grounds and made sure there weren't any more surprises around. Unfortunately, this means we will have to be back on lockdown, this time with stricter rules. You must not leave your place of residence until you are given permission to. For now please stay at your current location until further notice. Alpha Alex."

I let out a relieved sigh and snuggle back into my blanket hoping that I will finally get some sleep.  Two minutes later my door bursts open and in comes Emily grinning from ear to ear. I groan when I see her huge smile, "Emily it's too early to be happy" 

She rolls her eyes and hops on my bed, "Ariel, it's your birthday and we don't have to go to school today, I will not allow you to waste this day on sleep" she says in a serious voice. I roll my eyes at her and roll over to the other side of my bed. Before I even say anything, Emily lets out a loud gasp and places a hand on my neck. "Ariel what happened to your neck?" 

I quickly push her hand away and cover the bruise caused by Jeremy's hand. "It's nothing Emily don't worry about it." I hate lying to her, but I don't even know if I really want to tell her the truth.  

She can tell that I am lying but decides not to push further because I clearly don't want to talk about it. "Alright, I'm gonna go make some breakfast okay? Meet me downstairs when you're done getting ready" 

I nod at her then get out of bed and head over to my bathroom. Once I'm done getting ready I triple check my neck in the mirror to make sure I completely concealed all of the bruises, then go downstairs to get some breakfast. I notice that the pack house is pretty quiet despite everyone still being in there. "Where is everyone?" I ask Emily when I get to the kitchen. 

"The pack leaders all went to central office to have a meeting about the packages, including our parents. I'm technically supposed to be there too, but Alex wants to wait till this whole fiasco is over before I transition into my role as Luna." 

"OMG Emily I just realized that you're gonna be Luna of our pack! How do you feel about that?" I ask her

Emily and I have spent all our lives training to be Lunas. Since daughters of higher ranks always end up being mated to Alphas, our parents felt it would be best to get us prepared for our future roles. I had no doubt that Emily would be a great Luna, she was definitely ready for it and I could tell she couldn't wait to officially be one. 

"I'm super excited, I've always wanted to be the Luna of a pack, and being the Luna of our pack is way better than anything I could have ever asked for, and I'm happy I get to stay here with all my friends and family." Then she takes a look at me and frowns a little.