◊ 16 ◊

Awkwardly, Carmella and I stood together outside, around the back where any of the fans can get through to. To our right is one of the two parking garages they have within the arena. Guess where Enzo and Lillie are parked at? Yep, you guessed it. At the one all the way on the other side.

   Carmella was talking my ear about something, but my mind was beyond this and the night that I was about to have, to be honest. Cass was still inside, getting the last of both his and Zo's things. Somehow, I got stuck waiting with Carmella.

   "So, what kind of music are you into, Ellie?" I heard her say from all that she had already said previously. I don't know how I heard her say specifically this, but it was a good question.

   I shrugged and replied, "Honestly, I like the old stuff, y'know? Like Nirvana, for example, and Michael Jackson."

   "Any current bands or solo singers?" she added, slipping a small grin to me.

   Again, I shrugged and said: "Um... Fall Out Boy, definitely. What about you?"

   "Are you serious?" she squeaked out, facing me. Her facial expression was a cross between confusion and happiness. I was downright confused, to be honest. She squeezed my shoulders and gushed, "I just love them, too!"

   "Really?" I squeaked out, myself, nervously. Hell, I was in an awkward position right now, though, too.

   "Yes!" she claimed, placing a hand over her heart and posing. She giggled and I actually joined in after a moment, dryly chuckling.

   In all honesty, I have nothing against Carmella whatsoever. It's just that I don't really know her at all and, of course, I want to get to know her, but I wish it was under different circumstances. Cass kissed me and I can't forget about it. I'm sure he can't, either.

   "So, Ellie, Cass tells me that you're single," Carmella picked the pieces right up and continued right where she left off before. I sighed and rolled my eyes, but made sure she didn't see that, though. "Why is that for?"

   I nearly choked on the air around us, sort of taken back by her approach. Hell, I don't even know why I'm single for! How can I even answer that, though?

   So, I just took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down. "Well, um," I muttered out, gritting my teeth. "Because, well... Nobody likes me!"

   She burst out laughing, her left hand over her small belly and the other was hanging onto me. She nearly snatched my hair out with the grip she had around my shoulder-arm. I didn't know why she found that so funny for, either, though.

   When I didn't crack, she straightened herself up and looked serious as well. "Oh, wait... You were serious?" I simply nodded slowly in response. "That can't be true, girlfriend!"

    Oh, it is, I thought to myself, facing her. And when did we become 'girlfriends'?

   "I guess that I'm a little too focused on my career, that's all," I tried telling her, shrugging.

   "I don't think it's fair that they're making you go with us tonight," she suddenly confessed, looking fully dead serious. "Lillie's with Enzo and I'm with Cass. Then, there's you..."

   Unconsciously, I didn't know rather to agree with her or to be mad at her last comment. I only agree with the part where she said that it wasn't fair for me to go since I'm solo. I didn't like the part where she said: Then, there's you... What's that suppose to mean, anyway?!

   "Well, look, girl, I got you tonight," she reassured me, snapping her fingers. She pursed her lips together and turned her head to the left, seeing a dark figure walking down towards us. Or, maybe, they're going into the parking garage instead. "Let's get you a man, baby doll."

   "Wait! Carmella, don't! Please—"

   "Hey there, handsome," she said to the dark figure that slowly came into the light. It was actually Baron Corbin. He and I have talked before, but only briefly.

   Baron stood tall up against us two, especially Carmella, who was only an inch or two shorter than me. Baron nodded towards her, but, then, recognized me and a smile played among his lips at me.

   "Hey, Mel," he greeted her and she grinned, twirling a blonde curl around her finger. He nodded at me and said, "And... Ellie, hello."

   Awkwardly, I just silently waved with a small smile. I didn't know what to say, to be honest, while all I wanted to do now was take a huge piece of duck-tape to wrap around Carmella's face.

   "So, Baron," Carmella squeaked out, striking the conversation back up with him, "I know you're married and all, but would you mind accompanying Ellie tonight? Pretty please? I don't want her to be all alone with all these couples around her."

   "Carmella, don't—"

   She waved me off and said, "Don't worry about it, El. I got you, girl." No, you don't, I thought back to her.

   Back to Baron, I didn't know he was married, to be honest. It's not shocking, though, to say the least, either. I mean, just look at him. He's a really good looking guy.

   In conclusion, Baron nodded and accepted: "Yeah, I'll go. I'm sure it'll be fun."

   What?! I nearly choked on the air again and they seemed to notice it this time, so I turned my head away to close off all the awkwardness. I couldn't believe that he would accept!

   He's married, for God's sake. Jesus, Mella could've just asked somebody – I don't know – single?! She had to make things awkward and frustrating, that's why.

   For some reason, she felt the need to play as a matchmaker in such a weird way, though. I know that Baron has shown interest in me before, but in a different way, I'm assuming. She was real charming, I have to say.

   "Alright, cool," she giggled, slightly hitting his revealed arm. "Our friends will be here any minute, but we'll wait on you."

   "Awesome," he dryly said, nodding. Turning towards me, he smiled again and it hurt my heart. Reason why is because of the way his eyes matched, sparkling. Damn... "I'll see you guys in a few."

   "Alright, bye!" Carmella waved him away, which annoyed me.

   He slowly passed by me, making sure to leave the illusion behind with me.

• Soooooooo... Guess what, guys?! Heh heh... First of all, amoreigns_ is the fcking BEST, okay?! And I will be publishing A LOT of chaps tonight!!! This is the first to many, I swear 🙃 Just... Uh... How do I word this? Um... Just prepare yourselves for WHATEVER hits the fan! Okay?! Well, then... Cool! Heh heh 😈 All the love .xx •