◊ 28 ◊

[ The Aftermath ]

I can't feel anything anymore. No part of my body can move, except for my feet that, somehow, twirl around in one swift motion. Behind me, Lillie and Enzo are at the door across from Seth's room, peeking out in concern.

I'm trying so hard to keep it together, but when I seen the look of concern on Lillie's face, I nearly broke down right then and there in the empty hallway.

Lillie obviously still cares, despite the fact that I haven't actually apologized yet. Quickly, Lillie pulled me into her and Zo's room by the wrist. As soon as we got in there, though, Lillie immediately kicked poor Zo out.

"We need a minute to talk," she told Zo as she had to shove him out of there. He was muttering something like: Wait! Baby, wait a minute... I-I can help you! Wait! Babe... "Sorry, sweetheart. Gotta go. Bye!"

Right when Lillie slammed the door right in Enzo's face and runs back to comfort me on the bed, that's when I finally broke down. I crashed down into her lap like an injured puppy in a huge fit of tears.

"I'm... I'm so sorry, Lillie! I should've believed you! I shouldn't have even had the fucking thought that Baron would ever leave his wife for me," I apologized, heaving. "I'm sorry for not listening and you were so right about Baron, too! I'm sorry, Lillie! Could you ever find it in your fat, beautiful heart to forgive me?!"

Lillie looked like that she was holding the tears back, but all she did was take a deep breath and nod her head. She held me while I told her everything that happened between Baron and myself. I even included what had just occurred between Seth and myself.

When I told her about what Seth and I did between the soft sheets last night, she nearly had a heart attack right then and there. She was holding her heart and everything, breathing heavy.

Then, I started to talk about how I felt with Seth last night. "It felt so right when I was with Seth," I confessed, trying to slow down my sobs alas. "But, with Baron, it felt almost too wrong for comfort."

Lillie nodded, clearly understanding the situation. "But, wait, did you have sex with Baron, too?"

I shook my head repeatedly and denied, "Hell no, but we almost did, though, but I stopped it before we could."

"Because it felt wrong?" she added, just to be sure. To that, I nodded. She began to run her fingers, via her nice done nails, through my long, tangled hair. "Well, good, then, because he clearly wasn't worth it to begin with, either."

Fresh tears began to fill in my eyes as I quietly said to her: "I feel like Baron just used me, though, Lill."

She gulped and quickly replied: "El, I know you're upset and all, but... Not to take his side on this, but Baron didn't exactly know if he and his wife were gonna split up or not, though."

I sighed and rolled my eyes because I knew that she was right – like she normally is. Despite that, it didn't seem to ease my pain so easily. It's easier to say it than to feel it, to be honest.

After all, Lillie apologized to me and added: "I could really see that Baron really did love you in a way because... All the attention was on you and only you. In all reality, he was really a good guy. He just didn't have his priorities straightened out, that's all."

Before I could even process this, I let it sink in before I fell over in her lap again in another fit of emotion. I was ugly-crying at this point and all waddled-up in Lillie's lap. She kept rubbing my back and trying her best to sooth me, but nothing was helping, to be honest.

I heard the door to the hotel room open and close within two seconds together. I didn't know who it was, expecting it to be Zo, of course, though.

I don't open up to anyone like this, except for Lillie. She's my rock and I'm her puddle. The Fruit to my Loop. The Pop to my Tart. The Best to my Friend. My soulmate. If I didn't have anyone except for her for the rest of my life, then that's fine by me.

"Hey, baby, I gotta get—" I heard Zo say until he cut himself off suddenly. I peeked through my hair to see Enzo coming my way suddenly with his arms wide. I objected, hiding back in Lillie. "Nah-uh. Come on now, El. Come on."

Somehow, both Lillie and Enzo made me get up, tossing my lifeless body into Enzo's arms. He engulfed me into a big embrace, wrapping his arms completely around me. I'm experiencing an incredible hug that I have never received, but have always wanted.

Usually, I don't let anyone see me cry, other than Lillie, but then, when Zo hugged me like he did, I cried even more and my heart broke more than my ribs were at the moment. And, somehow, Zo just let me cry on his bold shoulder.

Afterwards, I had finally sucked it all up and took a deep breath. I used my fingertips to wipe away the rest of my tears. I didn't want to cry anymore. I wanted to be strong and steady. With the help of Enzo and Lillie, I will get there... Eventually.

"Y'know, Zo," I quietly said towards him with a small shrug, "I really want to find someone just like you."

Enzo's cheeks flamed up with red as he smiled (along with his ocean blue eyes) and glanced down to avoid suspicion. He nodded and accepted the compliment quietly.

To lighten up the mood, Lillie laughed aloud and nudged Enzo in the ribs. He draped his arm over her and she giggled: "Back off, he's my man!"

To be sweet like he is, Enzo replied: "You don't need somebody like me, though, El. You need somebody like your best friend over here, who has had your back no matter what, even when y'all have been mad at each other recently."

To that, both Lill and myself exchanged glances at one another, sinking into small, heart-wrenching smiles. We knew best. We knew each other. We needed one another, hands down.

I decided to loop my arm with Enzo's other free one, squishing him in the middle with Lillie's help. Grinning widely, I giggled: "See, Zo? If only you were gay, then we would all be very best friends with our gay best friend!"

Lillie exploded in laughter while Zo chuckled awkwardly. "Me? Gay, sweetheart? Hell no," he disagreed, but it was all fun and games. "Not this Jersey, bro!"

We all laughed about it in the end, though.

• ALL SMILES HERE, BRO 🙃 Y'ALL ENJOY ☺️ So, guys, BIG UPDATE on my new fan-fics coming up very soon... I have this very BEAUTIFUL new story bout Drew Galloway/McIntyre and PREPARE TO HAVE UR HEADS RIPPED OFF WITH THAT ONE, KAY?! 😭 Anyways... I'll leave the cover down below for u guys to cry over as I have All the love .xx 💋

xx 💋 •