Part 18

Kiara's point of view:

"Where is he mom?" I asked to the lady who was standing just in front of me with a smirk on her face!

"What's the hurry Kiara! Let's have a talk first"

"Dekhiye.. Mujhe please Darshan se Milne deejiye. I'll do whatever you want. But for now.. Please let me meet him" I said not looking at her.. trying to calm myself down. "Please" I folded my hands.

"just like your mom! You know Kiara, after two days of my marriage with your dad, your mom came to me! When she got to know about her being pregnant! She begged me the same way. Just like you are doing right now".

"Please..." I closed my eyes trying not to react on her words.

"Haww.. My poor baby! You can't live without him, can you? You still have so much to learn Kiara! Soon he'll be out of your life. You'll have to learn to live without him one day. You can't ignore the reality, right?" mother said faking concern

"Please don't do this. Please tell me where he is"

"Okay okay! Now don't cry. He's upstairs in Isha's room"

"but.."

"Don't you dare question anything! He's in her room. Go take him and get away from my house!" she yelled and I looked at her with my eyes boiling with anger. How dare she take him here and that too keep him in Isha's room!

I hurriedly started moving upstairs and halted in front of a door. I tried to push it open but it was locked from inside. I knocked on the door somehow managing myself on my feet. How can someone scoop so, so low!

The door opened after a minute or two of me knocking furiously.

"Oh! You came? What was the hurry Kiara? You could've given me a little more time, no? I was having so much fun.. Haahhh! Imagining you running here and there, searching for... Him?" she said finally giving me side and pointing towards.. Him!

"Darshan!" I instantly walked towards the bed where he was lying.. Unconscious? "Darshan.." my voice came out in almost a whisper.

He was lying on the bed unconscious. Uneasiness clearly visible on his face. He looked disheveled and tired.

"Darshan get up" I said shaking him, trying to wake him up. But he didn't move an inch. I looked back at Isha and she started laughing. "What have you done to him Isha?" I screamed on top of my voice. Fear and anger clear in my voice.

"uh-oh.. Shouting won't help baby. So keep your voice low, get that?" she said in her stern voice. "And stop this drama. Nothing's happened to him. I've just given him an injection of sleep. He'll wake up in few hours"

Injection?

"How dare you Isha? What do you want! How could you... Well leave it! What else can I expect from someone like you and your mother!" I spitted

I don't know what she said after that. I called sanju kaka and he helped me to take Darshan to the car.

I made him sit and fastened his seat belt and took him home.

*****************************************

It's 9 in the morning.

I haven't slept for a single minute since last two days. Now also I am sitting in front of him on the floor. He's still sleeping.

I was about to get up from the floor and go to the washroom when I saw him moving a bit. I moved closer to him..

"Darsh.." I whispered keeping my hand on his head. My tears.. Unstoppable

He moved a little more and then opened his red and tired eyes.

All this shouldn't have happened. He don't deserve this.

"Kiara.." he whispered in his drowsy voice.

"I am right here darsh" I tried to make him comfortable holding his hand.

"What's happening?" he asked, clueless

I tried to speak, but I don't know what to tell him. My voice refused to come out, but more tears came instead.

"Kiara tell me. What's happening? When I woke up last, why was I with.. Isha? Why can't I remember it clearly?" he asked restless.

"darsh.. You need to calm down. I'll tell you everything. Relax okay?" I managed to say.

I wish I could fix all this! 

"Why are you crying?" he asked looking at me.

"d.. Darsh.." I started sobbing. I was feeling so helpless at that time. I didn't know what to tell him. How to tell him that I still loved him. And how to make everything alright. My tears didn't stop for a second. My feelings were going out of control and in that moment, all I wanted was to be in his arms! To be in his warm embrace! So I did that!

I hugged him and started to cry my heart out. It was so soothing! As if his heart beat was telling me, that soon everything will be fine and happy again.. That I wasn't alone.. That he knew my pain.. That he loved me and will never let me go.

"I know" he said tightening the hug and placed a kiss on my head.

"what?" I asked lifting my face a little up and looking into his beautiful eyes.

"that you still love me" he said with a smile forming on his lips. "I know" he smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

"n.. No. No I don't.. You're not well so... I just.. I just care about you" I tried to make up something believable. He couldn't know the truth!

I hurriedly got up and wiped my tears. He couldn't know!

His smile only widened and he looked at me Shaking his head. "I just... Know Kiara. Don't deny" he got up and stood up tall just in front of me. "in fact, I should have known it from the start. But I was so engrossed in my own pain.. I never noticed!" he said with a victory grin on his face and put his hands in his pockets. "but now.. I know. You love me" he said it with so much love that it became difficult for me to not jump into his arms and tell him everything and stop this misery. But! I know the truth! How can I tell him when I know that.. it will destroy him!

"d.. Darshan" I said taking small steps back. "I need to tell you something"

Sorry Darsh..