Chapter 2

The crew and I got to our spot at the skatepark. The others went to skate, leaving me and Drew behind. Drew sat down and pulled me with him, having me sit on his lap. "Look Kim, I didn't think you liked me, that's why I never asked you out, okay?" He stared at me with his beautiful green eyes. "I don't want to be known as a chicken, Kim. I want to be known as yours."

I  just sat there, staring at him. I didn't know what to say. It was just him. His soft, green eyes. His shaggy brown hair. His tan skin. His soft lips. Just everything.

He pulled me closer and was about to kiss me, exactly when the alarm on my phone beeped to go home. I stood up with my board. "Im sorry, I gotta go. I'll text you later." Drew just nodded. I skated away. I hate doing that to people.

Nobody knows what my parents do to me. Nobody wants to know. They are abusive when their drunk. Which is all the time. They make me spare 30 minutes of my time to get abused. They don't do stuff to me that are too bad, mostly just hit me. But, today, they were angry.

"Where the fuck was your little ass?" Dad screamed. I pointed to the note. He grabbed it, threw me on the hard ground, sat on me and stuffed it in the mouth. I couldn't breathe. I spit it out and pushed him off. My mom came in and punched me in the stomach, making me fall again. I looked up and saw Dad running at me with a baseball bat. Metal. He strucks it into my arm, breaking it. Blood coming out. I stand up and run out of the house bawling my eyes out.