2p England

Everytime I had a doctors appointment I would stop by this cute little bakery. I never went inside, but I did enjoy watching the people inside chat about their lives. The owner was a friendly looking fellow, he had moved from the UK to my town a few years ago and ever since he opened his bakery, there hasn't been a slow day since.

I watched the people order and go or stay to tap up a report on a laptop. The owner smiles and tells them to enjoy their treats and have a good day. That's when when he noticed me again, he waved at me, shocked and embarrassed I hurried away to my appointment.

******

" Everything seems to be stable at the moment. No new tumors, but the treatment hasn't seem to shrink them. " my doctor rambled on. I knew the treatment wasn't working and I wish I knew how much time I had left.

" Surgery is going to be the best option. "

" That didn't work last time though. "

" We understand, but we have new procedures we'd like to try. "

" When? "

" We can get you scheduled in for the 4th of next month. "

" Alright. Will that be all for today? "

" I would also like to try a different medication to ease your symptoms with the radiation therapy. We can start it today if you like. "

" What choice do I have? "

*******
Nausea. Every time it's always me praying to the porcelain god. I groaned and went to the sink to wash my mouth out. I looked at my face, I looked paler and my eyes looked beyond tired.

" I need some air. "

I walked the lite streets I had been on just moments ago, now without the hustle and bustle of the town. These moments I enjoyed almost just as much and people watching. Everyone is home to decompress after the long day and are safe inside without much worry for the night. I soon found myself in front of the bakery, always looking in and yet I had never actually been in. I sighed and started to walk away.

" Wait! Hold on! "

I turned around and saw the owner running up to me with a box in his hands. " Hello! " he panted. He must have gone through the back door to get to me.

" Evening. " I whispered not making eye contact and trying to get away.

" I was just finishing cleaning up. Um... Lovely night. " he grinned up to the Cheshire moon. I looked up to see the clouds had cleared and the night sky shown brightly. " Indeed. "

" Care for a sweet? I usually take a few of the leftovers home to share with my friends." he offered the box full of different kinds of sweets.

" Oh I really shouldn't... Thank you though. " the owner frowned.

" You know I've seen you stop by time to time, but I don't think you ever came in. It's not me is it? "

I panicked and started shaking my head 'no', " Oh its not you! It's just... I... The doctors.... And... Um. " my words words jumbled and I couldn't get a straight sentence. Finally I managed, " Its just me... I think you're quite cute and well..." my cheeks flushed pink. I just said he was cute. I think we were both stunned by my words. I quickly tried to walk away, but he caught my hand.

" Would you like to come over for dinner? I mean, if you haven't eaten already. "

My mind flashed to when I was sick, I hadn't eaten anything all day. I was feeling bold though, he hadn't turned me away. I smiled gently, " I would love to. "