2p France part 1

Y/N was broke. She needed to find a new job fast and wound up taking the first thing she could find. A maid.

It surprisingly paid well, but she soon found out why. She was to clean up the world meeting room. The whole place was a disaster. Many of the previous workers fled and she was the only one left to clean. Luckily the next meeting wouldn't take place in two weeks.

She didn't know who these people were, but they didn't know how to respect a place. Damaged furniture, torn wall paper, and knifes stuck in odd places.

" I really have my work cut out for me." She sighed.

She started off by deep cleaning the floor. Setting up a radio to sing while she worked. Everyday she would come in and clean the room and sing to her hearts content.

*********
Francis never was fond of going to the meetings. In all honesty, he wasn't fond of going out much period. When he arrived he was surprised by how clean the meeting room was. The curtains were no longer in tattered ruins, the chairs and table were freshly polished, light streamed in and it smelled like fresh flowers.

He couldn't remember the last time it looked this nice. He heard music growing louder as a young woman came in singing an upbeat melody. She carried a large bundle of flowers that she arranged in a vase. She hadn't noticed him yet. As she kept singing her song.

He remembered why he arrived early and quickly set a stack of papers on the table and wrote the key topics of today's meeting on the chalk board.

He glanced at the woman still humming and arranging flowers. Completely lost in her own world. She must be very new here. The working staff always hid in the shadows and did their work to the bare minimum to leave as soon as possible.

Checking his watch he knew that the others would be arriving soon. She needed to go. He walked over to her and tapped her on the shoulder. The startled girl spun around wide eyed and red with embarrassment. She yanked her headphones off and studdered out an apology.

" You should go. The meeting will start soon."

"Yes sir, let me just finish up with the flowers. " She turned back to work, quietly humming to herself. As soon as the others started filing in, she left. He was almost sad to see her go. He was tired of dealing with the same people.

When the meeting came to an end the maid returned with her cleaning supplies and refreshments. She still had her headphones in, but remained silent. Though Francis could see her slightly dancing to whatever rhythm was playing.

He strode over to her before any of the other countries noticed her. This time she smiled at him and removed her headphones, " Hello again sir, did you need anything?"

"Just water is fine." He surprised himself with the words that came out, usually he would never pass up to the opportunity for a hard drink after the meeting.

"Coming right up. " she poured him a glass and offered a lemon wedge. He took the glass and lemon, he couldn't help but just stare at her.

"...Is there anything else I can get you?" She asked.

"Ah, no thank you", he turned to leave but stopped to look back at her, "Did you fix this place up?"

"Yes I did. " she beamed with pride, "I have no idea how it got so bad. Everyone was so scared about this place. I thought it was haunted or something. "

" It's not haunted, but I wouldn't hang around here too often. Especially with some of my fellow... associates." He cringed as Allen and Matt began to argue and yell at each other.

"Ah... I see. Well thank you for the advice mister..."

"Francis."

" My name is Y/N. It was nice to meet you. "