Chapter 26

Hey guys and girls sorry I've been busy planning a wedding.. yes I'm engaged.. and work has me really busy I hate it lol. Lots here for u guys and it changes povs a lot in this chapter. ENJOY!! 😘💜
.
.
..
.
.
.
~Max P.O.V.~

“Hello?”

“Hi, Max. Are my kids there?” Cate asked in a nervous voice.

“No, she left about two hours ago. Why?” I replied, sitting up on my bed. Fang followed me, his eyes wide.

“Because Kathy just called me and said her and Jeanie are still waiting for them at the airport.” Cate told me.

“Have you tried calling her or Lucas? He went with her.” I said.

“I’ve been trying for the past ten minutes. Howard’s trying them now.” She said, speaking about a mile a minute.

“Fang, try calling Emma.” I told him. He nodded and grabbed his phone off the bedside table and started dialing. “Want us to go look for her?” I asked, already getting up and getting dressed.

“If you wouldn’t mind. I can’t imagine where they would’ve gone.” She sighed.

“Cate, there’s something I need to tell you.” I sighed.

“What’s up, Max?” She asked.

“Yesterday, Angel said she saw Jeb and Ari at a hotel in town.” I explained slowly. She was silent. “Cate?”

“I didn’t think anything of it, but I thought I saw Jeb on the plane when we were flying to Alaska…” She replied a few seconds later. “I didn’t think it could of actually be him though…” She mumbled in disbelief.

“It might have been him.” I sighed.

“I think you’re right; I wish you weren’t.” She mumbled.

“Relax. We’ll go look for her. Everything’s going to be fine.” I reassured her.

“Thank you so much. I’m going to the airport right now. If you find them before I do, scream at them for me.” She said.

“Will do.” I snickered. “Bye.” I finished.

“Bye, Max.” She said and hung up.

“-Call me back.” Fang said and dropped his phone.

“Not answering?” I asked.

“Nope.” He replied, getting up and getting dressed before taking off into the living room. I followed him, clutching my phone tightly in my hand.

“Where is everybody?” I asked James and Devin, who were sitting on the couch watching Alexis.  

“Aunt Angel is in the kitchen with Uncle Gazzy and my mom and dad are outside with Monique, something about needing to talk about something she overheard.” He shrugged.

“Why? What’s going on?” Devin asked.

“Shouldn’t she be asleep? It’s like eleven.” Fang said when I didn’t reply. “Put her to bed.”

“Yeah… We don’t know how to do that…” James looked down and the giggly, bundle of happiness in his arms.

“Didn’t Emma show you what to do?” Fang replied.

“She showed us some stuff.” Devin replied.

“Just do what she showed you.” Fang said.

“Kay.” Devin replied and then he and James got up and took Alexis into Emma’s room.