CHAPTER 19

Sorry it took so long to update college and work

"Emma." Someone whispered, shaking me gently. I groaned against my pillow and rolled over, trying to get away. "Emma." The voice whispered yet again, following me and shaking me again. I groaned louder and rolled over again, this time rolling straight off the bed Jeanie and I were sharing. I shrieked as I landed straight on the tip of one of my wings, now fully awake. "Are you awake?" Jeanie asked, poking her head over the mattress and peering at me on the ground.

"I am now." I said, standing up and rubbing my throbbing wing. Best time about Jeanie: she knew about my wings, and better then that: she didn't care about them. She didn't think I was a freak, or different, or anything.

"Sorry. I just can't sleep." She sighed and turned on her bedside lamp.

"Why not? Oh, and sorry, I got some feathers on your floor..." I said as I sat down and scooted next to her.

"All I can think about is Lucas denying our baby..." She said sadly and ran her hands over her inflated belly.

"Hey," I waited until she was looking at me. "He's not going to do that. You've seen how he acts around Lexie; he loves kids. And I'm sure he'll love her even more when she's his." I smiled at Jeanie.

"You really think that?" She smiled slightly.

"I know it." I nodded. She blushed and looked down at her tummy. "Now, you lay down and relax. I'll go make you some hot cocoa." I said, standing up and putting on a sweatshirt covering my wings, just in case Ms. Evens happened to be awake.

"Thank you." Jeanie whispered as she slid down in bed.

"No problem, baby mama." I grinned and slithered from the room quietly. I passed Leo's room, refusing to look in because I was scared to remember. I sighed and crept passed the guest room where my parents were sleeping and down the stairs as quiet as possible. Tyler was snoring loudly on the couch and I couldn't see where Lucas was camped out. I cautiously continued forward hoping I wouldn't find him suddenly and end up on my face or something. And then I stepped on something that wasn't floor.

"Ouch!" Lucas exclaimed.

"Oh my gosh, Lucas! Where did you come from?" I asked, trying to be quiet.

"Oh, you know me, just growing out of the floor like usual!" He hissed and rolled up, cradling his hand against his chest.

"I'm sorry. I seriously didn't see you." I said.

"It's fine." He sighed. "What are you doing up?" He asked.

"Jeanie can't sleep, so I'm making her some hot cocoa." I shrugged and continued toward the kitchen, turning on the light as I passed the switch. Lucas was on his feet and following me in the next second. I grabbed a cup out of the cabinet and filled it with water before sticking it in the microwave for a minute. "Grab the cocoa, will you?" I asked Lucas.

"So, you step on me and now you're asking for favors?" He snickered.

"Yes. Don't think I won't do it again either." I snickered as he opened the cupboard and grabbed a packet of cocoa out of the box.

"Oh man, so scared." He chuckled as I snitched it from him.

"You should be." I grinned at him as I removed the cup from the microwave and dumped the packet in. I looked up just in time to see Lucas holding out a spoon for me.