-CHAPTER 8- A bottle of hair dye.

"Vick, you're sure you want this color?" Dylan asked for the third time, I rolled my eyes.

"Completely! Now gimme!" I said impatiently, while snatching the red dye from my brother's hands. Yes, red. The lady told me, that with my dark hair, it will be a dark red. At first I was thinking midnight blue, but that so boring! I ran to the counter with the hair dye in my grasp and placed it on the cold metal surface.

"Darling, this will look amazing! How did you decide?" The clerk asked. I smiled and shrugged.

"It just came to me." I grinned. She finished ringing it up and I handed her my new credit card, not even bothering with the price. She chuckled and rang it up, finishing my transaction. She handed the green card back and placed the bag in my hands. I grinned and thanks her, I walked out. Dylan and Aunt Beatrice behind me. Dylan pulled out his beeping phone, he looked down at the screen, grinning like a toddler on christmas.

"Tyra wants to hang out!" Dylan announced.

"That's great! Wait, when did you get Tyra's number?"I asked, he shrugged and looked away blushing. Awe! They are so going to date!

BEEP!

That's my phone...

I open up my phone and see a text from Danny, we exchanged numbers after our kiss. My heart skips a beat, as it does every time I think about the kiss. My eyes skim over the text from him.

"last nite was great Casey. ;)" It reads. Casey? Great? 'Nite'? Really. I shake my head and close my phone. What should I have been expecting? A marriage proposal? Nope. Never expect anything from the Danny Shay. He'll only let you down. Though, it's not like we're dating, it was only a stupid kiss. A good kiss. No! Bad bad bad, very bad kiss. Disgusting.

"Vick! Are you coming!?" I hear aunt Beatrice yell to me from her Prius. Yes, a Prius. I rush forward into the backseat, wanting to be left alone. Dylan and my aunt sense this and leave me be. I just sit back and watch the earth pass me by.

-twenty minutes later-

"Vickie, wake up!" Dylan grunts, gripping me from the car. My eyes flash open, home. Hair dye! Finally!!

-two hours later-

"How's it look?" I ask my 'family' spinning around and fluffing up my fire-engine-red hair. It still flows down to my waist, in a cascade of red waves. When I looked at in the mirror the only word I had to describe it was: "fierce". I hope Danny likes it. Wait! What? No! I hope he hates it! Maybe someone attractive will like it. Someone WORTH my time, not someone who likes hooking up with girls one after the other.

Maybe everyone will notice me now. Or I could stay internally invisible. That would fucking perfect for me. No one would know I exist, not that they necessarily notice now. But that's how it should be. For me at least.

-------------/- a/n

Omg soooo sorry for the time gap! So happy with all the reads and comments! You guys are so supportive! It's so crazy how one fan can turn into 500!!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!! I wanted to post this for SOOOOO long now! I promise faster updates soon. Still grounded! :( .new ideas coming up too!

/QUESTIONS OF THE CHAPTER!!\

1. Red hair? Yes or no?

2. Dylan and Tyra?? Excited??

3. How long before daddy dearest makes an appearance??

-Ella