• seven •

Weeks pass and Niall and I spend more and more time with each other. We finished our song and have made plans to eventually make a music video for it.

Once word got out about the track, fans went crazy. Tweeting constantly, making countdowns, telling people they know and people they don't know. Mass hysteria. Everyone was as pumped for the release as Niall and I were.

"When is the official release day?" Niall asks as he flings his legs over my own.

"You should already know, you dope. You came up with it!" I say with a laugh.

"Well that doesn't mean I remember! Can't even remember the last meal I ate!"

He smiles at me and I smile back.

"You know, H..I really love spendin' time with ya. Get to see the side of you that no one else gets to see."

"I'm comfortable around you." I say with a shrug.

He smiles at me once more and stares up at the ceiling. After what seemed like hours, he speaks up.

"So...remember how you asked if I was ever gonna take ya on a date?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Figured I'd take ya on one soon, if you wanted? We can go wherever ya want. Your choice."

I look over at him, eyes wide, and smile from ear to ear.

"My choice?"

"Your choice."

"Soooo...we can like..go to dinner and then the movies to watch Beauty and the Beast?"

"'Course we can!"

So we did.

| | |

I'm in my bathroom getting ready as I hear a soft knock on my front door.

I look at myself in the mirror and fix any imperfections I can find.

"Alright, H. Don't mess this up. Be normal, be charming. Woo him." I say to myself before heading downstairs to let Niall in.

I put my hand on the doorknob and collect my thoughts before opening to door.

On the other side stands the most attractive human anyone could ever hope to lay their eyes on. Niall stands in front of me, body clad in a white button up shirt, black slacks and the nicest pair of dress shoes I've seen. Glasses adorn his face and I stare in awe.

"Holy shit.." I mumble.

Niall let's out a small laugh and walks towards me.

"I could say the same about you.."

I roll my eyes at him and let him inside.

"Nonsense. You look 10 times better than I do, Niall."

"I'm gonna have to disagree with ya. Those pants make yer arse look good." He says with a wink.

Blood rushes to my cheeks and I look down at the floor, biting my lip as I do so.

"You're gonna make my face stay red the entire night if you keep saying things like that."

"Good. That was my plan. Ready?"

I nod my head as he takes my hand and we head outside to his car.

He opens the door for me and gestures for me to get inside.

"Wow, found myself a gentleman. Guess I better keep you then, right?" I say playfully.

"Guess so!" He says back.

He heads to the drivers side of his car and we head to our first destination.

"Wanna listen to the radio or a CD?"

"Whichever one you want to listen to.."

"Come on, H. It's your night. You pick."

"Our night." I correct. "You're on this date just as much as I am, silly."

He rolls his eyes at me but puts a CD in anyways.

I sit there in silence as Unsteady by X Ambassadors starts playing faintly.

"Good choice." I say, smiling as I look over at Niall.

He smiles back and grabs my hand, rubbing his thumb along the outline of my cross tattoo. "One of my favorite albums, if I'm honest."

I look back out my window and watch as the scenery passes us by.

-------------------------------------

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry if this chapter sucks, but it's kind of a filler chapter, tbh.

I haven't really been in the mood to write but I'm back and hopefully will start updating more often!

Please share this story if you're enjoying it so far!

If you aren't, then please go give my other stories some love.

Much love,
Kallie.