One

.・゜゜・.・゜゜・.・゜゜・.・゜゜・.・゜

・゜゜・

.・゜゜・.・゜゜・.・゜゜・.・゜゜・.・゜

Trista Lane roamed the streets of Mystic Falls, examining the floats and outfits for the upcoming parade in a few hours. She skimmed the crowd in search of Stefan, but couldn't seem to find him anywhere. The atmosphere reminded her of the first time she'd ever met Stefan Salvatore.

It was a bright day and the sun shone on Lexi Branson and her non-blood sister, Trista, as they walked to see Stefan Salvatore. Trista had never met the man, but heard so much about Stefan that she could picture him in her mind perfectly. She knew so much about him and doubted he knew anything about her.

They walked to the edge of a road, near one of the only boutiques in town. Carriages passed by them, leaving the boarders or going home, people walked past, and trees blew in the open spots they could grow. Trista turned her head to look at everything and everyone, watching, remembering.

Then, she saw Stefan from afar. Oh, he was a walking masterpiece. Trista knew he could be dangerous at times, but she had enough danger in her life to disregard his. The vampire saw the small, toothless smile he wore to be polite. She saw how he stood, hands in pockets and body straight up, it showed how the man was raised an aristocrat, but strayed slightly from his old, homely ways, maybe to forget. Once they reached Stefan, Trista decided to introduce herself.

"Hello," she smiled, "I'm Trista Lane." The Salvatore, disliking small talk more than anything, remembered what Lexi- and often his father, when he still lived- had told him to do, be polite.

"I've heard many things about you," he divulged, smirking slightly, "I'm Stefan Salvatore."

"All good things, I hope," she stated, trying to keep her eyes on his.

"Oh, yes," Stefan chuckled slightly, "all good things."

Up close, Stefan was even more perfect. His forest green eyes were captivating, his hair fell so elegantly and shimmered different shades of brown and held undertones of honey, his voice was adorning, his small smile adorable, and his laugh was like music.

"Oh, lord," she looked over to Lexi with wide eyes, "What was it that you told him?"

"Just your most embarrassing moments," Stefan answered before Lexi could, smiling as Trista's eyes widened.

"Alexia!" Trista yelled as Lexi began to walk quickly off. She looked back at Stefan with a small smile, saying, "It was really nice to make your acquaintance, Stefan Salvatore, but I must be going."