Six

.・゜゜・.・゜゜・.・゜゜・.・゜゜・.・゜

・゜゜・

.・゜゜・.・゜゜・.・゜゜・.・゜゜・.・゜

Trista was the only vampire left in the Salvatore Boarding House, gathering her shoes and making it down the stairs. On the last step, she slipped on her heels and looked to her left, regretting the choice too late. There stood the infamous Katherine Pierce. Would she ever stop intruding and welcoming herself into the Salvatore's home? Probably not and just thinking about it made Trista roll her eyes.

Katherine pursed her lips into a pout, looking over at the other vampire. She asked in the most pitiful voice she could muster on command, "Not happy to see me?"

Trista rolled her eyes once again, her head rolling back as a scoff escaped her lips and she replied, "Not particularly." Both vampires smirked sarcastically at each other as one gestured the other toward the chairs and couch.

Both sat, Katherine starting the important conversation: "You will be when I explain why I'm here again." She looked at the expectant brunette in front of her, finding herself granting her wishes and continuing on, "I have leverage on him. Well, technically, the Lockwoods do for time being, but once I have it we can get even."

Trista furrowed her brows and sat back, starting her rebuttal, "Or you'll just make matters worse. He doesn't see things like other people do, you have to think like him. He'll look at this as a disrespectful challenge, not a defeat. He doesn't accept defeat."

The doppelgänger shook her head, countering, "You don't understand. It's the moonstone." Trista sat back up at the big reveal, eyes glinting, but then she sighed and the other girl frowned. Katherine awaited the new problem to escape Trista's mouth, knowing that she knew him better.

"It has the potential to save you," the girl admitted, watching as Katherine furrowed her brows as to ask what the problem was, "but me? I doubt it." The vampire left a blank-faced Katherine in the boarding house, leaving to go enjoy herself at the carnival. but just before she closed the door she stated, "He'll come and he won't leave without killing someone."

There was one pit stop she had to make before exploring the carnival, and that was the Lockwood Mansion. She smiled at the two guys as they walked to Mason's car and waved to get their attention.

"Mason," she got straight to the point, "can I talk to you for a sec?" He nodded, looking over at his confused nephew and shrugging, walking over to the vampire. She positioned herself in front of Mason, out of Tyler's eyeshot.

"What's up?" the werewolf wearily asked, scratching the back of his neck and smiling to put her off his fear.

"What are you doing?" she harshly asked, watching as he was taken back and looked around before pointing at himself, "You're walking straight into a death trap, whether it's by the hand of Katherine, a Salvatore, or someone else entirely, you're going to die. Look, get the stone and deliver it to Katherine and split. Leave town becaus-"