Get our supplies

It was night time. We've been hiding at the top of a tree near the Goblin Field. We had a couple of wild berries that Rocky convinced us that it wasn't poisonous.

Judging from the moon's position, my guess is probably around 11pm. I noticed that most of the huts were not filled of light. The gates to the village was closing.

"Alright, let's go," I instructed as I headed down the tree. In the chill of night, we sneaked near the village gates. There were spears jutting out of the gates. According to Angela, it is a warning sign to keep attackers from coming.

We each pulled out a spear. Rocky managed to open the gate with a small pebble. We snucked through the village, hiding behind walls, bushes and trashcans. We finally made it to the Cart. Rocky did his pebble trick again and we made it in.

"Alright, our bags should be somewhere near," Angela said. Sure enough, it was on a rack close to us. I checked it to make sure everyting wss in there. The map was inside as well. We quickly grabbed our stuff rushed out of the building.

"That was easy," Rocky said. Suddenly, a great white light appeared. "Inferno tower!" Angela shouted. We quicky duck while the beam of light was searching for intruders. Many Goblins started run out of their huts, armed with knives and spears. We drew our weapons.

"Run for your lives!" Rocky yelled. I was hoping that we were gonna settle this in a nice fashionable manner but I guess my chances are ruined.

We pushed pass through the Goblins. Luckily for us, they're bad in throwing spears. The Inferno Tower kept locking onto Goblins. I hit slashed some of them while Rocky bashed them with his mallet.

Finally, we got out of the place and forced the gates closed. We stood for a while catching our breath.

***

We set up camp as far away as possible from the Goblin Field. We all took turns watching guard. As it was my shift, I studied the map. I didn't notice this but there was a small print that says:

Once you've reached the desert,
Prepare to put in all the effort.
In the lands of where the dead goes,
To fight them is what you'll be doing the most.

It took me a while to realise it was referring to the Skeleton Clan. It is known fact that if you want to still be a warrior after death, a Witch comes to your grave to revive you as a skeleton warrior. However, you would have to pledge allegiance to the Skeleton Clan and no longer serve your own. The Skeleton Clan is one of the strongest clans. No one dares to cause trouble with them.

***

In the wee hours of the morning, we had our breakfast and all of our stuff packed.

"Alright guys, we're heading to the Skeleton Clan"

"The Skeleton Clan? Only the dead can locate where it is," Angela said.

"Don't worry, the map said that it is somewhere in the desert. Let's go."

We headed in the direction to the desert. A few travellers have once disappeared in the desert. Either it was a sandstorm or something else, I'm hoping I won't have the same fate as them.