Friends, Ch.14

"Can you please meet me at our spot?
I really need to talk to you right now, please. That's Ledger by the way. Got ur number from a friend."

I read the text message again.

"Is everything okay?" Issac asks staring at my mobile.

"N-No yeah, everything is okay," I shake my head locking my phone and looking at my Pepsi can.

"Are you sure, Rella?" He raises an eyebrow.

I close my eyes and sigh.

"It's just that someone really important to me needs me right now. But I don't want you to-"

"No, no, Rella it's okay," He smiles cutting me off, "You can go help that friend of yours,"

I bite my lip smiling at him. He is so sweet.

I whisper a thank you and grab my black bag leaving my soda can.

I turn around to leave when Issac grabs my hand.

"Will I, will you give me your number," he asks as he leaves my hand staring at the floor, his face turning red.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure," I smile at him. So sweet.

We exchange our phone numbers and I rush quickly to the hill. What if something bad happened to him?
Is he okay?

I run faster, holding my heels in my hands, thinking about nothing but Ledger. He never does that. He never texts.

My leg gets stuck in the mud as I am climbing the hill. I sigh heavily as I finally arrive throwing my heels on the grass and gasping for air.

"You know there are steps, right?" His deep accent says. I look at him as he stands there like always, against the tree. His mask thrown carelessly on the grass and his eyes are staring at me.

"What the hell, Ledger?" i snap standing up, "I-I thought something happened to you?"

His jaw tenses as I walk to him.

"I'm okay, Rella," He walks to me, "It's just, things are getting so hard with Eric and I feaked out and I didn't know what to do,"

"Just, just don't do that again," my eyes tear up, "Ever,"

"Are you being more emotional than the usual?"

I wrap my arms arround him burying my face in his neck.

In a few seconds, he wraps his arms around me, lying his chin on my head.

"I just texted," He laughs.

"You never do that. I thought something happened to you," I mumble, "Something bad,"

"You worry to much, Rella," He whispers tightening his arms around me, "and if something bad happened, I wouldn't probably have my mobile with me,"

"So," I say breaking the hug, "What's up with Eric?"

He closes his eyes breathing in. He sits down, his back sliding against the tree. I sit too.

"He is having panic attacks," He rubs his eyes, "And you know, he can't really go see a doctor,"

"I-I don't know what to do, he had like four panic attacks since I last saw you," He whispers.

Yeah we haven't met for weeks.

"What's causing that?" i ask.

He closes his eyes. He looks so pale. So tired.

"Ledger?"

He looks at me.

"When was the last time you actually, you know, slept?"

"Last Thursday," He laughs.

"That's- that's not​ funny Ledger!" I slap his arm, "You look awful,"

"What? why?" he furrows his eyebrows.

I sigh looking at his tired face. Black bags under his red eyes and unbrushed hair.

"Stay at my place," I say, "Donna is out for a while. She is at a party tonight and travelling afterwards. You can sleep on the couch."

He shakes his head.

"You know I can't do that,"

"Why not?" I ask.

"Eric needs me now, more than ever," he mutteres.

"Why is he staying with you?" I question, "Doesn't he have a girlfriend, a fiance, wife?"

"A wife, She is at London," he says sadly looking at the ground.

I think it's better not to ask why.

"So tell her to come," I say and he looks at me.

"You know, surprise him," I elbow him.

"I-I can't book a flight for her," He mumbles, " I am The Masked,"

I roll my eyes.

"Then I'll do it!" He is so stupid.

"You'd- You'd do that?" His eyes widen looking at me in surprise.

"Of course," I smile as his eyes sparkle, both of his lips corners turning upward. I've never seen him smile like that before, "That's what Friends are for, yeah?"

I say awkwardly. His eyes are blank again, his lips are back to a line.

"Yeah, sure," He mumbles.

"So, will you come?" I ask trying not to show that I am so excited. Cause, I am not.

"Yeah. I guess." He shrugs his shoulder.

I am really sorry for the delay. This story hasn't got so many votes yet, so it'd be really great if you vote. Just click on the star button :)