The Hill, Ch.5

RELLA

"What happened to your neck?" Donna asked​ as she handed me the popcorn bowl.

"Uh, nothing," I said adjusting the scarf around my neck so the red stains Ledger left won't be obvious.

"That's definitely not 'nothing'," Donna said taking back the popcorn.

"Just let it go, will you?"

"Alright girl," She said, "If you say so."

I grabbed​ the corner of the blanket, pulling it off Donna and covering my body with it. And that was why we always had an extra one on the floor.

"Really?" Donna murmured​.

I laughed​. She grabbed​ the other blanket of the floor and put it on her body.

"So," She suddenly said, "Sweet November or The Notebook?

"Sweet November of course!" I smiled​.

She smiled too. She stood up and put the DVD in the DVD player.

I lied my head on the couch, pushing it deeper into it. I really loved​ this couch. I swear it was like sleeping on a cloud, it was so soft.

I quickly rubbed my eyes, Fighting the urge to sleep. I really wanted to sleep.

I tried to concentrate on the movie. But each time I blinked​ I found it too hard to open my eyes again.

"RELLA!"

"What? What happened?" I quickly said, sitting probably on the couch.

"Really?" Donna rolled her eyes.

What does she mean?

She moved her gaze to the flat screen.

It was the part where Sara said goodbye to Nelson. It was where she told him that she wanted him to remember her as a strong person who loved life so much, not someone weak who couldn't live anymore.

"Sorry," I mumbled​.

"It's okay," Donna said, "It's an old movie anyway. We should watch something else some time."

"Okay."

"I don't like it so much anyway," I added​.

Donna raised her eyebrows.

"What? It's just silly," I explained​, "If he really loved her, he wouldn't have let her go,"

Her green eyes widened​.

"That's exactly why he let her go!" She said, "He couldn't stand to see her suffer,"
"Plus You are the one who chose to watch it!" She added.

"If you love someone, you don't just give up when things get hard."

She shook her head.

"I don't really believe in that 'through all' love thing, though," I added​.

"Oh yeah?" She smirked, "So who is that mysterious guy?"

"Who?" I asked​ acting innocent, "You mean Ledger?"

She put her hand in her brown hair.

"What?"

She put away the popcorn bowl. I couldn't believe that she was still eating that.

"You mean Ledger?" She asked​, "Like the Ledger Ledger? The Masked Ledger?"

I.. I thought I told her.

Her green eyes now looked scary. They were wide, like really wide and worried.

"Uh yeah."

"I thought you felt sorry for him," I added​.

"That doesn't mean he is someone good, Rella,"

"You don't know him!" I defended​ Ledger.

"And you do?" She yelled, "You just heard about him for the first time a few days ago!"

" He only brings trouble." She Mumbled.

"You knew him?" I asked​.

"No. No, of course not." She said quickly, " but he is not a good guy, okay?"

How would she know?

"What is so special about him anyway?" She asked​.

"I just-" I Mumbled​, "I just don't know."

She shook her head and took the popcorn bowl, again.

"Just take care, will you?"

I nodded​, barely hearing her. Oh, she definitely knows him. Knew him, maybe.

I stood up and leave the living room. I entered​ my room. I put on black jeans and a black hoodie. I wore a black scarf around my neck to hide the bruises and grabbed​ my bag. I took my keys and put it inside the bag and then left the room.

"You going somewhere?" Donna asked me as I entered​ the living room again.

"Uh-huh. I am meeting up with a friend." I answered​.

"Oh." She mumbled. "I am gonna head to my room anyway."

"Should I bring you something on my way back?" I added​.

Donna shook her head and whispered a thank you.

I left.

You know that feeling when you are standing in somewhere so high and the air is just so cold and you feel like flying?

When you are all alone somewhere no one else knows about and it's just. beautiful. It's like you know no one will ever find you there, so you can do whatever you want and no one would ever judge you.

I stood there, on the top of the hill. I don't know how I found this place, or even how I found my way back to it. I just did. So there I stood, all alone. I went there every day since the day I moved to Seattle. It'd been a week or something. The first day there, I was wandering around, discovering the place when my keys fell and rolled away. I followed the keys to some street. The thing is, it was raining, so the keys swam away far into the water. I followed it, of course, it wasn't so far, like a foot away or something, but then I noticed a dark narrow hall, so I entered. That hall led to some hill. Of course I had to climb it and of course, it wasn't easy, but it's totally worth it.

I stood there, the place wasn't so big. Just a regular hill. It had a big tree in the middle, nine feet away from the cliff.

As I got closer to the tree, I noticed​ a guy's figure. Shit, it was that Ledger guy.

Come on Rella, you have to play along.

He wad standing there, leaning on the tree and looking at the stars.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

He turned around quickly as he heard my voice. He curses under his breath.

"You have got to be kidding me." He sighed.

What do you think about this story so far?
Please vote and Comment. Thanks.