A broken Promise, Ch.10

Rella's Pov

I just met him, hut he is just, I don't know. Everytime I close my eyes I see him. I couldn't stop thinking about him since I last saw him. I lean closer to the tree. I bring my knees to my chest and surround them by my arms. I look up at the stars, they are beautiful. Magical. I close my eyes.
What if he come here? Why is he like this?
I understand that this is kinda his place, but it's the only place where I feel safe. If he come, I'll just leave.
As I am looking at the sky, memories of my old life start coming back. Everything that I did, every fault I regret. My family and I haven't talked for ages. How's mum? How's little Joe?
I put my hand under my eyes feeling the wet skin.

The sound of a branch breaking snaps me out of my thoughts. I turn around quickly to where the sound came from.
Ledger?

I wipe my eyes quickly. I won't let him see me crying.

He is just standing there against a tree staring at me. His dirty brown hair falling on his forehead and covering the edge of his mask. Both of his hands are in his black jacket pockets.

I stand up and look the other way avoiding his gaze.

"You don't have to leave," He says walking​ to me, "I promise to leave you alone. You won't even know I am here."

I put a lock of hair behind my ear and nod. I sit down again.
I really can't deal with him right now.

I close my eyes again, drifting back to my old memories and ignoring his existence. I wonder how is Johnny. I wonder if he got into the University he wanted. If he had the job he dreamt of. I wonder if he miss me. If he still remember​.

"You are crying?"

I put my hand under my eyes again, this is just too much.

'"No," I whisper.
He comes and sits down next to me.

He puts​ his arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer. I tense at his touch. As I am about to move away, He leans closer to me.

"I won't ask if you are okay, Rella," I close my eyes trying not to cry. Why did they leave? "I guess In some way no one really is, yeah?"

They could have tried.

"You​ don't have to pretend to be okay,"

I close my eyes, not being able to hold on anymore. A sob escapes my mouth and tears start rushing out of my eyes.
I bury my face in his chest. He freezes for a second then put his hand on my back and start moving it slowly.

"I am just trying to be a good person for once, a good friend," He whispers.

Lol. This is too dramatic and cheesy but I love it.
I am really sorry for not uploading earlier and for this short chapter.
Please vote and comment.
Also, It'd be great if you checked MaRiaLovatic_107 stories if you like thriller and crime, her stories are really great and she's pretty much the main reason I started writing in the first place, So It'd really be amazing if you help spread her stories :)