Chapter 5

I carefully made my way throughout the school. I have this feeling that things are spiraling out of control.

There's just something wrong. I can't explain it but I feel like Brekile has something bad in store for me. Maybe I'm just paranoid.  I was always very timid around him and I never could trust him. The only reason why I feel like I can't trust him is because of the way he changed me. 

That night when my family and I were ambushed in our home, my mom and sister were arguing like always.  I was still quite young so I always made stupid decisions.  When no one was paying attention to me, I snuck out of the house and into our back yard.  The backyard was my favorite part of the house because it truly was beautiful. Our lawn was always well kept and we had a reasonably large pond smack dab in the center of it.  My father built a little bridge over the pond so that we could stop and gaze at the stars from that vantage point.  At night,  the fireflies always came out and the frogs were always croaking.  The sight was simply amazing.

I was standing on the bridge stargazing when I

heard a voice behind me.

"It's times like these when you just have to sit back and admire the beauty in life.  When there's something so precious, you just want to preserve it forever." The voice was obviously male but it was unfamiliar. At first I was nervous, but since he was just talking to me,  I figured he was okay.

He walked onto the bridge and came to a stop right next to me. He turned to face the stars. 

I quickly glanced at him and I was mesmerized by his beauty. His blond hair was casually tousled, it fit him perfectly.  His lips were pink and full. His green eyes sparkled in the moonlight and looked extremely dazzling.  He was wearing a simple black suit with a white shirt inside. At the time I was 5,6 so he stood 6 inches taller then me at 6 feet.  His pale skin was as smooth as marble and his smile was beautiful.

I cleared my throat. "What do you go by?"

"What do you go by?  But I assume the proper way to ask that is; what is your name?" The man smiled.  I was too naive to notice how he fluidly avoided the question.

"My name is Yuki. It stands for snow in Japanese." I replied proudly.  I always thought my name was the best part of me.

"That name suits you well. You are as beautiful as freshly fallen snow." I giggled and cursed myself for acting like a child. "Tell me Yuki, would you wish to live forever?"

Again,  I was too naive to realize that that was not a normal question for someone to ask.  I shook my head no. "If I lived forever,  my family would leave me behind, for they would age as the years went on and leave as suddenly as the seasons."

The man simply stared at me, then suddenly he pulled me close.  It was a nice and warm hug, he was firm all over, yet the hug was gentle.  I relaxed in his arms and snuggled deeper into the hug.  He pulled back a little and then he leaned down for a kiss.  It was my first kiss so I didn't really know what to do.  I let him lead me.  Our lips touched and the sensation sent shivers down my spine.  He gently opened my mouth with his tongue and he dove in.  Our tongues danced for a while until I couldn't breathe so I had to pull away. My face was flushed and I was completely breathless.  The kiss was truly amazing. He leaned in again so I puckered my lips,  but instead,  he went for my neck.  He caressed my neck before kissing it.  He licked it a little before gently sucking on it.

"Is this what a hickey feels like?" I asked him.

I felt him chuckling against my neck before he whispered "Not even close."

As soon as he said that, a sharp pain ran through my body and I cried out.  I lifted my hands to push him away but I was growing weaker and weaker.