Chapter two

recap

***

" J-Josh, Josh Reid. Bussing tables, m-mopping, t-t-that type of stuff. The guy j-just showed up, asked to c-come up here. Looked like he b-belonged here, so-so I let him in. " He stutters, making me smile. He just frowns at me and tilts his head like a puppy. I draw my gun and shoot him right between his eyes. His lifeless body thuds on the floor. Everyone jumps and stumbles backwards as to not get blood on their expensive clothes.

" Clean this up before it stains the floor. NOW! " I shout the last part when no one moves. They start scrambling around after that. ' I need to get out of here, blow off some steam. ' I think, rubbing in between my eyes for the umteenth time, and it's only 10:00. The Vault pops into my mind. ' Haven't been there in a while. '

    Arriving at The Vault, I grab my bag and head in, going straight to the bar to sign in.

" Capo, welcome. You here to fight? " Marty, the bartender, asks.

I smirk, " H*ll yeah, how've you been? " I ask, genuinely curious.

" Good, very good, Julie just started walking, and Josh. " he says with a big smile.

" That's great! " I say, happy for him and his twins. He hands the clip board over. Signing in as Nottambulo, Nighthawk in Italian, my fighting name. Marty turns around to get a rag and wipes off a glass, sitting it down in front of me.

" What would you like? " He says leaning down to rest his elbows on the stained, old bar top.

" Just water Marty. " I whisper with a smirk. I mentally roll my eyes, ' this guy is ridiculous ' .

" It's about to start. Good luck. Not like you're gonna need it. " He whispers the last part but I still catch it. I walk into the loud crowd smirking.

" This is gonna be fun " I murmur to no one in particular.

3 rounds in, haven't been hit once.

" COME ON! GIVE ME A CHALLENGE! " I scream into the crowd, grinning like a mad woman.

" WE'VE GOT A NEW COMER WHO WANTS TO FIGHT THE BEST! LET'S GIVE HER THE BEST! " the announcer screeches into the already loud underground room.

" THE NEWCOMER, PANTHER, AGAINST OUR UNDEFEATED CHAMPION, NOTTAMBULO! YA'LL KNOW HOW IT WORKS! " The announcer screeches once again. A figure starts to appear in the corner of the ring, ' is that a girl? ' I scoff ' h*ell no, no one's as crazy as me '.

" Well well well, who do we have here. " I circle the figure once it's out of the corner. They've got a big black hooded sweatshirt with the arms ripped off, black basketball shorts, and black tennis shoes. I can see tattoos of roses, skulls, some writing, and a bird I think, on their arms.

" Show your face like a man, little boy. " I whisper in their ear, they don't even move. This kid is probably 5'3, and maybe 120 pounds soaking wet.

" Come on. " I coax them. They rip their hood off and all I see is long, braided, black hair and a black mask covering the left side of their face. You could hear a pin drop in the room. Everyone is silent, even me.

" Not what you expected, huh? " She says and starts to circle me as I did her earlier. " You're a girl. " I said to myself but I guess she heard.

" Yup " she says, popping the p.

" WELL THERE'S A SURPRISE! LET'S GET ON WITH IT! PLACE YOUR BETS NOW! " the announcer yells, snapping everyone out of there daze to commence yelling again. The dinger goes off and we start to circle each other. I block out all the yelling and screaming, and I notice she's weaker on the left side, limps a little. I go for her left knee but she block, grabs my leg and spins till I'm on the ground, her on top of me. I dodge all her punches, grab her wrists, and roll her over, straddling her, and out of breath.