CHAPTER 13 HE LOVES ME... HE LOVES ME NOT

CHAPTER 13

HE LOVES ME...
HE LOVES ME NOT....

"Monday morning..monday morning.Oh my prince I'm coming... lalalala.."

Leylah was singing a melody after fording the other side of the stream. She stared at the only witness to the event that occurred last night. Her cabin. "Thank you" she whispered before she went in to the other passageway towards the woods. She was very happy humming once in a while skipping through the narrow alley of the passageway. A dry leaf got in between her sandal and her foot, that made her to stop to shake it off.

Leylah has arrived. The everyday sight of the woman wearing a habit gives her the reason why she should still continue to do her service. Her smile is genuine, she knows it.

"Good morning Sister Therese" Leylah greeted her first.

"Good morning!" she greeted back."You look so happy today, my child. Perhaps you had a wonderful dream last night." she winked one eye then smiled. Sister Therese stood as Philip's guardian while in Gezoz. Most of the students go home during fridays after their class, as Philip goes home to Sister Therese's house, not too far from the temple.

The group of servants had reached the refectory. Leylah and Natalie took pose at their favorite spot as they held on to their amphoras. Leylah was so excited to see him.

He walked in....
this handsome young man with the azure eyes, red lips, and pinkish cheeks is walking down the aisle...

seriously? He didn't smile, nor raised his head...he didn't even made an attempt to try and look for Leylah.

Wait...wait a second...did I miss something? ... Did I see it right? He didn't even bother to try and see if I was inside the room. Leylah pondered. What is he up to now? This man is full of surprises.

And as expected, Philip ignored her the entire day. Then, the entire service for five days, he made Leylah wonder why he was already ignoring her. After all the things that happened in the glen that Sunday evening, Philip seems to have forgotten.

Until Saturday came....the Holy Sabbath.

Leylah was walking along the dusty road towards the temple together with Natalie. She was still weary. They had to come early to practice the hymn they will sing. A few masters were already within the vicinity of the temple. The two were nearing the temple's portal when a familiar face appeared before them. It was Philip. He was handsome in his tuxedo. Smiling. Leylah thought that it was her whom he was smiling at.

"Good morning my lady." Philip greeted. His eyes passed by Leylah as it made her and Natalie to look back wondering who he was greeting. A group of elite masters were walking behind them. The lady with a velvet yellow veil lifted her hand then Philip took and kissed it. It broke Leylah's heart. (now that's icing on the cake. A bitter flavoured one). Ignoring her the entire service is tolerable. But to kiss a lady's hand is definitely unacceptable. Leylah knew that it wasn't Philip's twin sister for they had gone back to their tribe a few days ago.

"Ouch! that hurts.." Natalie teased her again. She has no knowledge of the thing that was going on between Philip and her friend. All she knew was...

that Leylah was admiring him.

And

that he was the uncaring guy who teased Leylah when she became an odd girl.

I wish this mass will soon be over. All I wanted to do is... to just disappear into thin air. And never to return again. Leylah sighed.