CHAPTER 17 THE DEVIL'S SON

CHAPTER 17

THE DEVIL'S SON

The High Priest asked the guards to look for Garret. Master Frederick was already there. He too was summoned by the High Priest.

Garret came in. They knew already that Leylah will be the topic of their discussion and both were ready to defend her.

"Regarding that slave you took away yesterday. I never gave you the permission to take her out. You insulted me. Why is that so..slave?"

"Forgive me High Priest but that lady is my wife already. I claimed her since I am the first unwed man to see her face and she agreed" Garret answered.

"Your what?..."

"His wife. They got married yesterday. I officiated the ceremony." Priest Frederick explained.

"Now that's the most absurd thing I had ever heard. Priest Frederick can you please leave us." The High Priest was furious.

Priest Frederick left the room. The High Priest came near Garret. He grabbed his collar with one hand while strangling him on the neck with the other. "Who do you think you are, stealing my property? She's mine. That slave is a whore."

"She's no whore father. She is a servant and my wife now." Garret answered back.

"How many times do I have to tell you to never...ever.. call me father. "

"Why? you're scared that someone will know that you have a son? That the most respected man in Gezoz raped a slave? Kept her in confinement for so many years. Raped her again..and again...and again.. until she lost sanity... eventually died." Garret was talking to the High Priest. He never blinked. He removed his hand pulling it hard almost tearing the collar of his clothes.

"How dare you talk to me like that. I fed you. I clothed you, I made you who you are today. But for one unknown slave you are throwing everything away."

All their conversations were clearly heard by Priest Frederick. He never left, instead remained outside at the door front listening to their conversation.

"Guards...guards..." The High Priest yelled. Priest Frederick immediately went away to prevent the guards from catching him spying. The guards went inside the room waiting for the High Priest's command. "Take Garret's sword, his robe and his badge." he said. The guards were stunned. They were confused with the High Priest's commands. "He wanted his life to be miserable.. so be it. Let it be known that Garret is no longer the leader of the troop. He will leave this place without anything to take with him except the clothes he is wearing. You wanted to live like a slave, you will die like a slave."

The guards took everything he had. Then he was accompanied out of the master's place.

this is what I get for my foolishness. I hope she is worthy of my sacrifice. Garret's thoughts.

Garret arrived at Leylah's home past midnight. He was very tired, and weary. He told her everything except for the fact that he was the High Priest's son. Although he was mad at him. He still respected him as his father.

Leylah felt guilty with what she had learnt. As Garret who was sitting beside her on the bed was starting to make his moves. He moved his head close to Leylah, then he whispered...

"make yourself worthy of my sacrifice Leylah..."

Hairs on her body stood as she felt falling down to the grave she dug. He started kissing her from the neck to her cheek then to her lips. Leylah could feel his warm breath as he positioned himself almost on top of her. She has to pretend that she was liking it, after all, she had no other choice because they were already married. The least she can do is to make him happy. Garret pulled the lace from her front to loosen the dress she was wearing, now she is half nude. Garret pulled up. He stared at her entirety as he stood completely to removed his own clothes. Leylah stared back. She couldn't help but to compare his body with Philip. Garret was more mascular, built as a soldier. He had numerous scars all over. The evidence of hard fought battles, of loyalty to the tribe, of loyalty to the High Priest, but with a blink of an eye he threw everything away just for her. Whom he barely knew. Garret turned the light off. The moonlight shining through the window made a silhouette of a naked man. He went above her and continued what he did before. Kissing her, crying sounds of delight. Thinking that he was the first man to conquer her. Then he made his manliness to go inside her...then he stopped....he sat down on the bed his toes curling hard on the bamboo floor, making it creak...