Chapter 2

"Hey Brielle's mom called me awhile ago and..."

"Yeah, I heard that they're moving in our neighborhood.." I trailed off.

If you're wondering who Brielle is, that would be my childhood friend Arian. I was the only person to call her Arian. She didn't allow anybody to call her by her middle name except me. And until today, I don't know why she allows me to do so.

Flashback: 7 years ago

Today was no different from the other days--there was nothing to do. We moved into this neighborhood in Minnesota. I was 10 years old back then.

"Hey mom..."

"Yes Clay?" Mom questioned while unpacking.

"Do you think I'd meet new friends?"

"Of course, why wouldn't you have new friends?"

I shrugged in reply and walked to my new room.

"Hey, sweetheart.." Dad said as he came into my room.

"Yeah?"

"I suggest that you walk around the neighborhood and go make some new friends." Dad said as he ruffled my hair.

I smiled in return and walked out my door.

"Mom I'm just gonna go for a walk!" I shouted.

"Sure sweetie! Have fun!" Mom shouted back.

I walked out the door and started walking around.

As I was walking towards the park, I saw a girl riding her bike.

I felt shy, but I was desperate to have friends.

I ran to her.

"Hey! Stop!" I said as I was catching my breath.

"Oh, hey..?" She smiled awkwardly.

"You must be our new neighbor I suppose."

"In fact, I am."

"Before we continue our conversation, introduce yourself." She smiled.

"I'm Clay Jensen, pleasure to meet you." I said as I offered her for a handshake.

"I'm Brielle Arian Clarke, a pleasure to meet you too." She smiled and shook my hand.

"So tell me about yourself Arian." We started walking around the neighborhood with her bike.

"Umm..I'm just Brielle. I don't like anyone calling me Arian-"

"Oh I'm sorry..." I cut her off.

"No, it's fine, you can call me Arian. My family's from London. Well, my mom's American but my dad's British."

"So you're part British?"

"Yup. I was born in London and we also lived there. My dad decided the we move here in the U.S. and that's pretty much about me." She shrugged.

"What about you Clay?" She asked.

"Well, there's nothing interesting about me." I chuckled.

"There is something interesting in every person and I doubt that you don't. So go ahead, tell me about it." She smiled.

"I like bikes very much." When I was a kid I really liked riding bikes already. It became a certain habit of mine.

"Well, so do I. Want to go biking some time?" She asked.

"Sure that would be great!"

"Well, I guess I'll see you soon. I'm needed somewhere else." And after that she rode her bike and went home.

End of Flashback

"Clay, you alright?" My mom asked.

"Yeah, it's nothing."

"You just suddenly zoned out on me." She chuckled.

"I'm gonna go out for a walk." I said and closed the door behind me.

Flashback: 5 years ago

"Arian, I have terrible news.." Arian and I head out for a walk because I needed to tell her something urgent.

"And what is that..."

"You're nervous aren't you?" I chuckled.

"Why would I be?...kind of." She shrugged.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, Arian. I've had the best times with you for these whole two years." I said as I hugged her.

"Hold on..."

"We're moving to another state..." I trailed off.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier, so that we could've sorted things out?" She said as a tear dropped from her right eye.

"I didn't have the courage to. I'm gonna miss you so much." I hugged again.

"When are you leaving?" She asked in between tears.

"In three days..." I looked away so that she wouldn't see me crying.

"Clay, this is not goodbye, I know that I'll see you later on." She hugged me and she left.

Without Arian, I felt incomplete. She was my best friend. She was my partner in crime. I've barely known her all my life, yet I felt like I did. I'm gonna miss her.

End of Flashback

I snapped off and realized that I've zoned out again. I heard horns, I looked to me left and there was this angry man.

"I'm very sorry Sir."

"Next time, be careful or they won't even spare your life!" He yelled.

I walked back home not knowing what to do.

As I walked home, Tony passed by me inside his Mustang.

"Clay, wanna go for a ride?" Tony asked.

"No, but thanks, besides I need to get ready for work."

"Okay then, if you need me, I'll be here." Tony drove off.

I lied about getting ready for work. I just wanted to get my thoughts sorted out. Especially about Hannah.

----------●----------

How was the second chapter? I promise that it will get better. Sorry if the chapter's quite short, but I'll work on it. But I sure do hope that you like it. Stay tuned for the next update. And thank you for the reads.

Xoxo

-aree