Chapter 3

"Clay! Go down, our visitors are here!"  Mom shouted. Visitors?

"Coming!" I dragged my legs out my room, wondering who could the visitors be.

"So I invited the Clarke's to dinner, and well they decided to go for a visit." Mom said in excitement. I nodded in agreement not knowing what else could I say.

"Hey Clay!" Mrs. Clarke approached me for a hug.

"You're so tall now, and handsome too." In which I was pretty sure Mrs. Clarke was joking. I looked to Mrs. Clarke's side and saw Arian giggle.

"Why don't you and Brielle go for a walk and catch up with each other's lives?" Mom said shoving the both of us out of the door. I immediately shut the door.

"Well...that was awkward." Arian chuckled.

"But seriously, you grew so tall!" Arian exclaimed. I didn't know what to say which led me to just smiling.

"You're still that awkward Clay huh?" Arian playfully punched my shoulder.

"Dude, seriously talk to me! I seem like I'm talking to a ghost." She looked into my eyes which led me to looking at hers as well.

"I'm sorry, and yes, I'm still that awkward Clay Jensen." I chuckled.

"I don't really know what to say, and things have been rough these past weeks." I looked down to avoid her seeing some tears. Arian enclosed me in a hug and pat my back.

"Hey, it's gonna be alright. And it's okay to show that you're crying. I can still sense it when you cry whenever you're around me." She giggled.

"Thanks, Arian..." I trailed off and smiled at her.

"Why don't you show me around? Like tour me?" She smiled.

"Sure..." I nodded and we started walking around.

"Do you still ride your bike? Oh and wear that helmet of yours for safety." She smirked.

One word made me rethink of the past. Someone who made me happy like I've never been before. Helmet was the word that brought back all the memories. It was once a decent word meaning nothing to me. It was like any type of word that I use every day. Until Hannah changed all that. She made helmet a remarkable word. It's funny how every now and then, there's something somewhere that would remind me of her and bring back all the memories. But like they say, if you love someone you have to let them go (did anyone get that reference? ;) ). I need to forget and move on.

But how could anyone forget a person who made such a big impact in their life? Like Hannah did.

"Hello Earth to Clay.." she said as she waved her hand in front of me.

In that amount of time, I've realized that I zoned out.

"You alright Clay?" She looked at me straight into my eyes.

"I-It's nothing..." I looked down to avoid some drama.

"You really look stressed and tired, you know you can just show me around in some other day..." She looked around.