Chapter 5:Forbidden

"K-Kanato..."

"Huh?" Kou followed your eyes and spotted both Yui and Kanato.

The hallway was empty except for the four of you staring at each other. Kanato turned around with a glare he had when you first met him, he put his arm around Yui's waist and pulled her close to him. Your chest felt hollow...empty, like if anything touched you....you would shatter. Your breath was gone and you couldn't think you felt numb, cold....alone.

"Y/N are you okay?" You looked over at Kou who had a concerned look then you looked back at where the two were but they were gone. You looked back at Kou and slowly nodded your head.

"You sure?"

"Y-Yeah..." Your words were dull and emotionless. Kou reached for your hand but you pulled it back. "L-Lets head to class...." You started walking again.

"Y/N please be honest." Kou was suddenly in front of you.

"About?"

"Your emotions....feelings."

You tried to walk past him but he grabbed your hand and pulled you into a hug. You felt a lump in your throat and your eyes became blurred with tears. You started to cry and your knees felt weak so you fell to the ground. You curled into a ball as Kou picked you up from the ground.

"What do you want Y/N? I'll help you."

You wanted Kanato to hold you, you wanted Kanato back. You wanted Yui to leave, you thought she was your friend. All you could think about is Kanato, the image of Yui's smug smile and Kanato pulling her close repeatedly played in your head.

"I-I want to go home..." Your voice cracked as you cried.

"Don't worry Neko-chan we'll go home," Kou said softly.

~

Your legs felt like lead about to snap walking to your room. Kou was calling the school telling them that you didn't feel well. You got inside your room and flopped down on the bed and buried your face into a pillow. Then you heard a light knock on the door.

"Come in..." You croaked through the pillow.

Kou walked in and sat on your bed rubbing your back. You turned around and hugged him. "Tell me what's wrong please." He whispered.

"I just miss my parents that's all...." You mumbled. You were glad to be away from your parents and you just wanted to hear your mom's comforting voice as she hugged you like when you were younger.

"Oh....well just rest and please stop crying..." He kissed your forehead.

"Can you stay...?" You whispered in questions.

"Sure." He gave you a warm smile and laid down next to you. You rested your head on his chest and he pulled you close. You looked into his different colored eyes and you started to feel a warm and tingling sensation inside your body; as if it was telling you to do something. You slowly leaned closer to him, then he caressed your cheek in his cold hand.

"Y/N...I know this might be sudden but.....I-

He was interrupted by Yuma barging in.

"Yuma..." You got off the bed immediately.

"Ruki wants both of you downstairs now." He wrinkled his nose in disgust.

Kou got off the bed and slid his hand into yours, Yuma scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Why do you always baby her or treat her like she's glass?"

"I'm just being a good friend," Kou smiled at Yuma.

"So you're her friend now..." Yuma sneered before retreating into his room.

~

"So let me get this straight, you two left because Y/N wasn't feeling well?" Ruki questioned.

"Yes," Kou nodded his head.

Ruki let out a loud and long sigh. "Next time just go to class and don't leave unless you text or call me Kou and you too Y/N."

"We will Ruki don't worry." You smiled until he left the room. Once he left you frowned, "He's a pain."

"He's been like that...he looks out for us," Kou said softly.

"Well, I'm heading back to my room wanna come?"

"Sure."

~

You laid on your bed and Kou laid next to you. You turned towards him before asking, "So what were you going to say earlier?"

"I was going to say that I lo-

He was once again interrupted by Azusa dragging his knife along the wall making a scratchy sound.

"Azusa shush!" You yelled.

He peeped through the door with a frown and threw a knife at you but Kou caught it. Then Azusa left the room.

"So go ahead."

"Okay, I lov-

He was interrupted by Yuma walking by munching on sugar cubes.

"Alright now you can say it."

"I lo-you know what." He got up and shut the door then he laid back next to you. "Y/N This might be sudden but I think I love you."

"Wait what?"