Part 3

With a giggle, I grab Calum's hand tighter as we stumble down the stairs, falling over our own feet as we suddenly reach flat ground again. We both start laughing as we lay on the ground and wait for the others that were still upstairs, trying to help each other up but failing. Louis smirks as he shakes his head. "You don't drink anymore? What was that?" "I said... actually that's what I said, yeah." Calum can't contain his laughter yet again, breathlessly pointing at me and trying to stand up at the same time, he makes a nice picture. I can't help but chime in, so we lay there on the cold ground laughing until Michael, Luke and Ashton head towards us and both Mike and Luke move in to help us up. Without thinking twice I grab Michael's hand, maybe holding it a little longer than I need to after I stand again. He doesn't pull back, so I just hold on to his hand, intertwining our fingers as I lean against him to finally calm my giggling down. He chuckles, turning towards Luke and Louis. "Jeez, these two are wasted." "Listen up maestro. We had only like two more drinks than any of you." Calum groans next to me which yet again turns into giggling. "Nah, we- we had like a lot more." I don't listen to his words, I look up at Michael and just gaze into his eyes. "You're beautiful Mikey." He blushes, Louis laughs. "Alright Ems, less vodka next time." "No no you need to listen to me. Michael - damnit, you're so beautiful." "Thank you. Now let's get you home before your big brother kills us." Playfully punching him for not taking me serious, I pout. "I don't wanna go home. And Dean is not my brother." "He's not?" "Nah, he's a family friend. I grew up with him, ya know?" He grins as he slightly nudges me forward to start walking. "Now I know."Following him and the boys for a while, I suddenly stop, look at Mike and then turn around to Louis who walked behind us with Ashton. "Lou!" "What's up, love?" "Lou, let's all stay the night together. At yours maybe. I'll order pizza, and like, it'll be the best thing ever." His face lights up at the thought of a greasy slice of pizza. "You always get the best ideas when you're drunk at 5 in the morning, that's why I love you." Beaming with pride at his compliment, I turn back to Michael. "Pizza Hawaii. That's what I'll get." "That's the best fucking thing in this world." My eyes get big as I look up at him. "Pizza Hawaii?" "Yeah." "Fuck yes it is! It's goddamn heaven. It's like, it's savoury and sweet and fresh and cheesy, it's just perfection."

The sun has already been up for hours when I wake up, Louis' bedside clock tells me it's almost 3pm. Shit. I needed to call Ellie and Dean, tell them I'm okay. A groan erupts from the other side of the bed as I sit up, and it takes me a few seconds before I know who it is, then I freeze. Michael. Did we...? "I feel like there's someone testing out their new hammer on my brain." I don't turn around to face him, I just chuckle awkwardly. "Hey, you okay?" "Yeah, yeah I'm good, but - I mean I was asking myself if-" "We didn't hook up." Thank God. A relieved sigh escapes my lips, then I turn around to him. "Not that I wouldn't - I just -" "You're not that girl anymore. You told me plenty of times last night." A soft smile spreads on his lips, and I feel myself blush. "Yeah, I'm not that girl anymore."
Before I can embarrass myself any more, Lou walks in, hair a mess, sweatpants low on his skinny hips. "You two finally rose from the dead it seems." He laughs, a light sound, I've always loved Louis' laughter. "Ems, Ellie has called five times so far. I told her you were still asleep and that I didn't want to disturb you two, so maybe you should call her back." He winks, making his way back out of the room. "Hey we didn't - Louis! We did not have sex!" Michael next to me moans in embarrassment, his pale skin tinting pink. "Could you yell it a little louder so Cal, Ash and Luke definitely hear it? They already think I can't get a girl. Now they'll have confirmation." "I'm sorry-" "I was joking, it's alright don't worry. You told me a lot about your reasons, and I understand. No sweat." Sniffling all of sudden, he pulls a face. "Talking of sweat. I'm gonna go have a shower. I'll see you."

It rings twice before she picks up, excitement lacing her voice. "Emilia Claire Dunham. I want all the juicy details." "We didn't." She's silent for a few seconds, probably thinking what got into her best friend to turn a hot and willing guy down. "What's gotten in to you?" Cuddling back under the blankets, I laugh nervously. "I just want to be someone else. I don't want to be known as the town whore anymore. And I actually like him." A gasp from her end of the line. "Ems! Don't tell me you've fallen for him?!" "I haven't! He's just very, very nice, and good looking, and I don't want to risk anything." "You did fall for him. What is it with you and always falling in love so quickly?" "I don't know." I whine, hiding my face even though no one could see me. "But Ellie, if you would've seen him - he's so gorgeous. And he's a good listener!" "Tell me more about him." I know that she's intrigued, I've got her on the hook. "Full name Michael Gordon Clifford, just moved to the city with three friends. Bright red hair, green eyes." "Mhm, sounds like something you'd tap." "I mean yeah, true." We both laugh, and I finally get up to get ready. "I'll be home soon, meet me in my room?" "You bet."