Part 6

March 5, 2016

His fists meet the door again, slamming against the wood panels in fury and agony. He was like a thunderstorm, beautiful yet dangerous, for he was filled with hatred and an injury that no one could fix.
Ellie clutched the pillow to her chest, pressing it against her mouth to silence her sobs, but she couldn't silence the desperation breaking out of her heaving chest. "Ellie open up!" Harry's voice cracked as he begged for her to let him in, the realisation of what his actions did hitting the tall man hard. "Baby please..." No answer came from the other side of the door, no words spoken that would reassure him that she'd give him yet another chance. Nothing.

She knew that she needed to calm down, but she couldn't. Everytime she closed her eyes, she saw it again. Harry's arms wrapped around a body that wasn't hers, long legs wrapped around his hips, legs that weren't hers. She had seen all the pictures and the videos, blurry material that god knows who had taken of her boyfriend at some party weeks ago, Harry with a white reisdue on the tip of his nose as he stared into the camera, his colossal pupils glowing red in the flash. Harry shirtless sprawled out on a couch, some blonde stranger straddling him. The image of his hips bucking up against hers forever burned into her mind. She couldn't close her eyes. She could only stare up at the dark ceiling. A ceiling that he'd patiently painted hundreds of tiny stars on that would ever so slightly glow in the dark to aid her insomnia. Burning tears ran down the sides of her face before she forced herself to sit up. Her gaze falls onto a row of picture frames opposite their bed, Harry and Ellie happily grinning in their kitchen, holding hands as they walked down the towns pier, carefree happiness in their faces on a picture they took on a trip to an amuesement park. It was too much. An excrutiating scream errupting from her chapped lips, she lunges forward, tearing the frames off the wall. These were only empty memories now.

He'd given up asking for entrance a while ago, his back leaned against the door he slid down. His head hanging low, Harry listened to everything that was going on. His heart hurt hearing her cries, but he knew that this was all his fault. He'd pushed their relationship to the edge, knowingly making the mistakes that lead them to where they were now.
A heartbreaking scream and glass shattering behind the door, he jumps up, banging against the door with both his hands. "Ellie?! Ellie please answer me!" This time, there weren't even sobs. Just silence. "I- I know I'm in no position to ask you for anything, but please don't hurt yourself." A few seconds passed, then quiet steps were to be heard.

Please don't hurt yourself. Ellie laughed bitterly to herself, pulling another pile of her clothes out the wardrobe and throwing them onto the bag on the bed. Packing had helped her calm down, get ready to face him one last time. Quietly unlocking the door, she walked back to finish getting all her stuff.

The door being unlocked was like a light at the end of the tunnel, but it took Harry a while to gather the strength to face her. Her back turned towards him, she grabbed various clothes of hers from the wardrobe. She was going to leave. Harry bit his lip harshly, trying to hold back the words he wanted to say. You won't leave. She was free to go wherever she wanted to.
"Ellie-" "Explain your actions." He swallowed hard. "I don't really... I don't have an explanation." She nodded, as if she'd expected this to be the answer. Prior to him being able to say anything else, she spun around. "I have an explanation. There's no love in this relationship anymore. You don't have any respect for me. And I just don't understand why. I have given you every ounce of love I carried within me, I made you my whole world. I wanted you to be the right one for me, I thought you were. Your smile is so warm and your eyes shine so bright, and my heart is aching for you whenever I hear your voice or your laughter. But those good times, I don't get them anymore. Your eyes don't shine anymore, they're dull and bloodshot. You don't smile anymore." Her hands were shaking as she crossed her arms in front of her chest to protect her shattered heart. "I tried so hard Harry, I tried again and again, but I can't do it anymore. I could cry seeing your gorgeous face and knowing what lays beneath it. I can't cry anymore, I'm hurting so badly, and this is something you can't fix." He'd seen this coming, but still he had tears running down his face now, wanting to close his eyes so his last memory of her wouldn't be the destroyed person, but something would not let him. He watched on as she took the bag and turned towards the door, stopping in the frame for one last time.

"I wanted to fix you Harry, but I couldn't. While I tried, you ruined me. And I can't just overlook that. Goodbye."